Chapter 1

John walked home reflecting on what had happened. Why again? What was it about him?

"All I wanted was to get along with others...where is all the worth in this world?!" John threw his book bag , and it collided with his house. On the other side, a girl heard the sound of a thud. She got up to investigate it when she saw a bloodied man walking towards her. He didn't seem to notice until she called out to him.

"John!" The girl called, making John stop in shock. She walked over to the book bag and picked it up.

"Sera...?" He asked, still shaking.

"Long time no see." She smirked, until he fell to his knees, causing her to run toward him in panic.

"Hey!" She ran towards him, catching him before he hit the ground.

"What happened to you? You're covered in blood!"

"I..." He thought over the events that happened that day, and his mind wondered back to New Bostin. When they tried to dethrone him. He clenched his good fist, and continued to look down.

"Sera...please don't...don't look at me right now."

"I'm so pathetic."

"Don't look at me"? What's gotten into him? The John I know is strong and confident. But right now, it seems like he's been broken into a thousand pieces."

"Come on, let's get you inside." Sera grabbed his good arm, and pulled him up.

"What happened while I was gone?" She pulled him inside and set him down on his couch. She pulled out her phone and called Elaine and looked back at John.

"What happened to you?"