Chapter 32

For the first time in awhile, Volcan felt genuine fear towards someone. She was seen as superior to her peers, but she had only heard rumors of how powerful Vaughn was.

Now she'd get to see it in action. Volcan tried to activate her ability, but found that she couldn't.

"What is this?"

"It's my ability. Aura Siphoning. Your ability is as good as useless against me." Vaughn said, raising his hand towards Arlo, as some of his green aura transferred to Arlo and healed his wounds. Arlo stared speechless. He'd never heard of someone transferring auras.

"Is that why you accepted him? He's similar to you?" Volcan spoke, and both knew who she meant.

"He needs guidance. I won't hand you three of my high tiers. Especially not my granddaughter." His words were lost on Arlo. Who were they talking about?

John.

The idea hit him out of nowhere, but it made sense. Too much sense.

"Arlo. Go find John."

"Yes Headmaster." Arlo stood up and ran off to find John, while Vaughn turned his attention back to Volcan, who looked a bit worried. She had no ability, and she didn't quite know what Vaughn could do. No matter how you look at this this is a bad situation.

"I'm taking at least one of the students with me, Vaughn." She pulled out a smoke canister and popped it, filling the hallway with smoke, masking her escape.

John stood over the defeated man, barely breaking a sweat.

"Is that all?" The man didn't seemed phased at all, and instead smirked.

"You think you're so tough? Even Gods fall kid, you're not so tough." He reached into his pocket, and injected himself with something. He squirmed around a little, and John noticed his aura jump in strength.

"Now kid...can you defeat me now?!" He jumped up quickly, catching John off guard. He was barely able to block the man's first attack, and the second would've hit if a yellow barrier didn't suddenly appear in front of John. Taking advantage of the surprise, John copied Arlo's barrier and begin to crush the man in a barrier of his own.

"Heh, thanks Arlo. Never expected you to save me."

"Now's not the time. We have other issues. They're here for you, Claire and Seraphina."

"Oh, you think you know everything huh?"

"Then why are you here? I'll let him crush you if I don't like your answer." Arlo's eyes glowed menacingly blue, which seemed to work in scaring him.

"I won't give my secrets up so easily." He said, and John began to shrink the barrier.

"Why are you here?"

"Don't crush him John. I want to talk to him." Vaughn said, approaching the group.

"Ah, the traitor shows his face." The man spat with venom. John noticed Arlo's ability deactivating, and soon after his. But he didn't deactivate it.

"What-"

"John. You and I will talk later. Go straight to my office. Arlo, go find Seraphina and bring her there too. I will call for the rest of the Royals. It's time I tell you all a story." They both nodded and ran off, leaving the man there with Vaughn.

"It's been a long while, Keith."

"Vaughn. You filthy traitor."

"Call me whatever you'd like. You're still in my school, and I'm not very happy about it. The authorities will be here in a couple minutes." Keith began to roar into laughter.

"Hoh boy, that's a good one. The old you would've never said something like that. You've changed." Soon after, the authorities arrived, and arrested the man. As he walked by Vaughn, all he could mutter was the word "traitor". Vaughn only sighed. He wasn't able to catch both of them, but one would do for now. The woman...Volcan, was definitely the stronger of the two. Anybody could figure that out. He turned around and headed for his office. He had some explaining to do.

When he arrived in the office, John, Arlo, Remi, Blake, Claire, Seraphina and Keene were all waiting. He nodded at them and sat down in his chair, clearing his throat.

"Before we begin, does anyone have questions?"

"Who were they?" Arlo asked immediately, surprising everyone. Even Vaughn was a little surprised, he expected John to ask a question first.

"I cannot tell you who they are. I would be risking your lives, and I cannot allow that." Arlo scoffed, and was about to respond but Claire cut in.

"They're after high-tiers."

"Yes. This group is dangerous. They've been targeting high-tiers for a long time. I myself was once part of the group." Everyone's eyes widened, but nobody said anything. Deciding to move forward with the conversation, Vaughn looked at Keene who only nodded, and activated his ability, locking the room down in blue webbing.

"This will keep anyone from listening in. I don't want anyone hearing about this. John, when I was a young man I was just like you." This caught John off guard.

"What...?"

"Yes, I was a late bloomer. My ability at the time was the same one you possess now. Aura Manipulation."

"Wait, "at the time"?" Seraphina spoke up.

"Yes. During my time with this organization, my ability manifested into something greater. It was around then that I left, and ended up here. John, you can sense auras. My ability now, Aura Siphoning, is the same, but slightly different. I see the aura you see, but I can also see your "true aura"."

"True aura? You mean the aura we have now isn't our real one? Holy crap." Blyke spoke up, looking at John.

"This is not always the case, Blyke. Not everyone has it in them. Only select few people have a true aura. Mine was light green when I first awakened my ability. When I became a high-tier, it was light green and yellow. When my ability evolved, it became the dark green it is now. John isn't the only one in here with the potential however."

"Who else does?" Arlo asked, wondering if he had a power deep down he still hasn't tapped into. Vaughn smirked and looked directly at Blyke.

"Wait, m-me?"

"Yes. There will be no classes for a few days in the next week. In those few days, I will be showing you and John how to tap into those powers. You are all dismissed."