Chapter 2

"H-hello? Yes, Seraphina!" Elaine exclaimed, catching Arlo's attention.

"Seraphina? She's not supposed to be back for another week."

"Ah, no problem! I'll be there as soon as I can!" She ended the call and looked at Arlo.

"Uhm, she wants me to go to her. Will you be alright?"

"I'm fine." He looked away from her, causing her to blush slightly.

"O-okay. Then...see you tomorrow!" She turned and started to walk away.

"Wait, Elaine!" Arlo reached out and grabbed Elaine's hand, turning her face as red as Blyke's hair.

"Be ready for a change..."

Seraphina stood in front of a faucet, getting an ice cold cup of water. Little did John know that she was plotting against him already. She walked up to him and pressed a cold glass of water against him.

"HOOLY SH*T! C-COLD!" He jerked back, hitting his shattered arm.

"AH, F*CK! Hey! Can't you see I'm injured?"

"It's alright. Elaine will be here soon anyway." She took a drink from the cup then held it out to him.

"Water?" He took the cup from her and drank it quickly.

"So...what happened out there?" She asked, catching John off guard.

"Ah...well it's exactly what you'd expect, right? The school Ace leaves and everyone targets her weak friend." He gave a weak smile to try to sell his answer, but Sera knew better.

"No. That's not what I was asking about. I've never seen you break down like that before. After two weeks the first thing you say to me is "Don't look at me right now"? That's not right!"

"But I'm fine now, see? I just didn't expect to see you so soon! Anyway, what about you? Where have you been?" He asked, hoping to change the conversation as soon as he could. Lucky for him, the doorbell rang.

"That's probably Elaine." Sera walked to the door and opened it to see an almost breathless Elaine.

"Sorry it took so long. I was hanging out with Ar-a friend!"

"It's fine. Come in."

"U-uhm Seraphina! I just wanted to...uhm, about the whole "Unordinary" thing...I'm so sorry! I had no idea things would get so bad! I really wasn't trying to get you into any trouble! I j-just didn't know what to do."

"There's no need to apologize."

"Huh?"

"You didn't do anything wrong. So don't stress over it."

"Ah, okay!" It didn't take a genius to know that Elaine felt relieved. She closed the door, and continued to talk to Seraphina cheerfully.

"So what did you call me here for—?" Elaine then noticed John.

"WHAT'S HE DOING HERE?@!"

"B*tch, I live here." After Sera asked Elaine for a favor, she went to unpack.

"What a loser! You are so lucky you're friends with Seraphina. Otherwise I'd never waste my precious energy on you! Always getting into fights you can't win...! Get a clue already!" John didn't say anything, he just sat there, until he noticed a difference.

"Her aura seems much weaker than usual. She's already used a lot of energy to heal someone before this." John bit his lip as realization struck him. She was with Arlo.

"Let me see your other arm." She cut him out of his thoughts.

"No, it's fine. I'll heal it up at the Doc's tomorrow." He said, pulling his arm away.

"You're kidding, right? I'm not gonna leave the job Seraphina gave me half finished!" She then reached for his other arm.

"No, really. Stop!" This reaction irritated Elaine, and she grabbed his other arm, and pulled it towards him.

"WILL YOU STAY STILL ALREADY! I WANNA GO HOME!" Finally getting her way, she healed John's arm with an irritated look on her face.

"His arm is completely shattered. Who did he piss off this time? Hm, but this injury seems familiar...why...?" She say there for a second before it hit her.

"HIS WOUNDS..! Meili's claws...and Arlo's barrier...!" She started to shake slightly, catching the attention of John.

"..."

"That's impossible." John then grabbed her face, making her look up at him. Her eyes started to tear up at the cold and hateful glare that he was giving her.

"Elaine. Shut up. Now, listen carefully." She nodded slowly, as she started shaking more.

After a couple minutes Sera walked back out. She noticed John flexing his arm but noticed Elaine was gone.

"Where'd Elaine go?"

"Oh, she just left. Something urgent came up so she had to run."

"Hm, weird." Sera got in her thinking pose for a minute.

"She left without saying goodbye?"