Chapter 19

After about 30 seconds of ringing, Doc finally picked up.

"Hello, this is Darren. With whom am I speaking?"

"Morning Doc! It's me!" John cheerfully greeted him, only for Doc to hang up quite literally a second later.

"He hung up..."

"Hah. He's sure got your back."

"Look, it's fine. I'll just call him again." John called again, and Doc answered but didn't say anything. It wasn't until John tried to speak that he got an earful.

"IT'S 7AM SATURDAY DUMB@$$! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT? Nothing? Okay, great. I'm going back to sleep."

"Wait, Doc, hear me out! It's not me this time! There's something wrong with Sera!"

"...What exactly?"

"Well...we don't really know. That's why I called. Can you meet us at the infirmary in half an hour?"

"..."

"Is that a ye-"

"AKSHJFLSKAJF-" John could hear Doc slam the phone from the other end just as the call ended. Everyone stood there for a moment, before Arlo broke the silence.

"What did he say?"

"I think we're good. Let's go!" John winked, giving a thumbs up to Arlo.

"What do you mean, you think?"

John, Arlo, Claire, Sera, and Elaine all made their way to the school, where Doc had a look at her. John and Claire went to the Headmaster while Arlo and Elaine remained with Sera.

"Heart rate, blood pressure, everything seems normal. I've never encountered a drug that suppresses abilities before. Might be a new development. Anyway, I'll get back to you once I get your test results. If this is like any typical drug, the effects should only last four days. If your ability hasn't recovered by mid-next week, come see me again. By the way, have you told the Headmaster about this yet?"

"Yeah. John and the new girl are talking to him as we speak."

"Good. In the mean time, I'd advise you to keep this news to yourselves. If other students find out about this, they'll most likely take advantage of the situation. And I really don't need more trouble." He gave a glance at Arlo. He had heard the rumors and he fully believed that John beat Arlo.

"Alright, you're free to go. I'm going home to sleep."

"Thank you, Doc." Arlo, Elaine and Sera walked out of Docs office after listening to him rant about his choice of becoming a school nurse.

"Well at least the effects should only be temporary, right Seraphina?"

"I guess..." She wasn't really in a talking mood. She looked out the window while she walked, her thoughts drifting to John.

John and Claire had just finished talking to the Headmaster.

"Thank you two for informing me. I'll notify Keene if this incident as well." Vaughn looked over to Claire.

"I can see you're enjoying your first few days at Wellston. But more importantly, John." He looked towards the raven haired youth.

"From what I'm hearing, you dethroned Arlo. Is this true?"

"Yes Headmaster."

"This won't end like New Bostin, I presume?" His authoritative tone sent chills down Claire's spine, but John took it as a warning. He knew that he couldn't mess up here. He was lucky enough to get here.

"I won't let him" Claire cut in, surprising John.

"He might have been horrible in New Bostin, but I've seen how he's changed. I still see the old him, but he's not hurting anyone that looks at him wrong. I'd say Seraphina is a good influence on him." Vaughn took her words into consideration, before smiling.

"I'd say you're right. You're dismissed." Claire bowed and exited the room, but John remained.

"Something you need, John?"

"Sera's ability. It's not gone. I can still see her aura."

"Then this should be over really quick. If it does continue however, I will begin to look into the matter personally." That seemed to satisfy John as he bowed and left the room.

Elaine and Arlo were walking slowly. Sera and John has left, and Claire had went home to rest.

"Something bothering you?" Arlo asked her, seeing her expression.

"It's just...John. I never would've expected him to be ranked so high. For some reason, the thought makes me uneasy."

"Don't. He's always been that strong. I might not be King, but Wellston will be fine as long as Remi remains Queen. And Seraphina remains here to watch over him. We also have access to more information than before."

"Ah...right." Arlo yawned.

"Alright. I'm gonna head back and sleep. You get some rest too. You spent a lot of energy healing us all. See you around."

"Uh...yeah!" Elaine blushed as Arlo walked away.

"I guess that's true. We've known about his ability for almost a week now. He might be King but Remi is still the Queen. Seraphina will keep to herself still. I think we'll be fine."

I noticed my story drop in ranking. By a lot. So now I'm back to fix that. I've read a lot of the current top rank unOrdinary fanfics and I really do love them, so I'm glad to compete against them.