chapter 1

White.

Everything was so goddamn white.

I have been in this white room with this white bed with this white door and this white toilet and sink for I don't even know how long, but I haven't slept. I never had the urge to sleep.

I had a sling on my arm. I could feel it. That was a bonus.

I was in all white clothes, too. Not a spec of dirt remained on my skin. Not a scratch that wasn't either stitched or bandaged. I thought I was in heaven at first, but after multiple attempts of walking through the locked door, it was decided. This is very much real.

I lay on the floor, sheets under me as I stared at the small camera above my head.

It kind of felt like I was on the ark again, except this was much, much worse. There was nobody else. No windows outside, only across the hall, where there was a room identical to mine, except empty.

I heard the door open. My head had never whipped so fast.

A person in a large, blue suit walked in. I jumped to my feet and raised my left arm in defense, my eyes widening. "If you touch me, I swear to shit—"

"Carson, I'm here to take you to your friends," a feminine voice said from inside of the suit, obviously frightened.

I shook my head. "Why the hell do you know my name?"

"Please, let me explain after I escort you."

"Am I in hell? Did I die and go to hell?" I whimper.

A man with wrinkled skin and a bit of grey hair walked in, a smile on his face as he dragged behind him a walking wardrobe. It was weird, seeing him in a suit and tie. I hadn't seen one. Ever.

"Now, now, Maya. Let her get dressed first," the man said.

My skin crawled in creeps.

"I'll introduce myself once you're done," he said, opening the doors to the small dresser on wheels and walking out of the door, closing it behind him.

I hesitated, narrowing my eyes before I stepped towards the closet.

Being here made me sketched out. I don't know where I am. I don't know these people. I don't know where my friends are, and so far, the only face I had seen was of an old man that's smile looked like he was trying to win me over.

It didn't.

I roamed my hands through the hangers, holding up a couple of the outfits and shoes with an awkward smile, my eyebrow twitching at how outrageous the clothes were.

They were all dresses and heels.

I found a dark green, short, loose dress, and I figured that it would be the best option. I slowly changed into it and patted it down.

I look like a leprechaun.

I then found nude flats and chose to wear those, finally sighing and knocking on the door, which they had left locked, again.

When they opened it, the man smiled. "I'm President Dante Wallace," he said, holding out his hand.

I didn't take it. "You already know my name," I said. "Where are my friends?"

He chuckled. "They're safe. Just like you are." The way he talked was kind of funny, slowly, and almost like he was always amused.

I frowned. "Take me to them."

I followed him through halls, an elevator, and some more halls, having him explain stuff along the way.

"Where am I?" I asked.