chapter 11

Once I had taken a shower, I hopped out, looking down at my gumdrop dress.

There was blood all over it, torn in many places.

There's no way I'm wearing that again.

Bellamy and I shared a room that night, Maya in her own room and her father on the couch. The bathroom happened to be at the end of the hall, next to our bedroom, so I stepped out with a towel wrapped around my torso.

I quickly ran out of the bathroom. I scurried to Maya's room, knocking before she opened the door. I smiled sheepishly at the shocked girl and said, "Can I borrow some clothes?"

She held up a finger, running behind her and going in her dresser, shuffling in the drawers.

I looked down the hall, where her dad was looking at me with raised eyebrows. I laughed nervously and gave him a small wave.

Once she handed me the clothes, I rushed out a thanks and ran back into our room. Once I was in, I sighed in relief and closed the door behind me, turning around.

Bellamy was shirtless, a shirt in his hands as he stared at me with parted lips.

He stared at me. I stared at him.

"Uh..." I said, my cheeks burning up. I finally closed my eyes in exasperation and sighed. "I'm going to trust you to turn around and keep your eyes off of me while I'm changing."

Once he blinked, he shook his head and cleared his throat, nodding and saying, "Uh, yeah." He turned around without saying another word, throwing a shirt over his head and facing the wall.

The room was nice. It had a small bed and a couple desks, a few paintings on the walls. It was simple.

I hesitated before quickly changing into the clothes she had given me, easily noticing that Bellamy's shoulders tensed up from my view on the other side of the bed.

It was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

Once I had finished, I told him, "Okay, I'm done."

He turned around hesitantly, looking me up and down. He raised an eyebrow.

"I wasn't planning on doinking you, Bellamy," I laughed, hopping onto the bed. He sat down in front of me on the bed, a small smile on his face. He looked down at my pastel blue shirt and jeans.

"I liked the dress, but this is okay, too," he said, his eyes meeting mine again.

I snorted. "I really liked that guards uniform, but we can't all have what we want."

Once I had realized what I said, I clamped my mouth shut.

A smirk played on his lips.

"Um, we should sleep," I said, crawling under the covers and facing the wall. I felt him do the same, the unmoving silence between us making me scrunch my face up.

We both awkwardly laid next to each other, facing each wall.

"Yeah, no," Bellamy grunted as I turned to face him, seeing him do the same. We faced each other, our heads laying inches apart on the pillows.

"I'm scared, B," I suddenly said.

He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, staring at my features before he replied, "We're all scared, Carson."

"We're losing our minds in here," I said. "It's ruining us. Me. I shot a man in the head. The bad part is... I—"

I couldn't let myself say it, but I didn't feel anything.

He shook his head. "You didn't have a choice, and don't argue with me, because it's true."

I could only nod.

"Carson..." he whispered.

"Huh?"

"Your family is alive," he told me.

"What?" I asked, genuinely very confused. "No, we watched them..."

"They weren't on the ship, Car," he said, a small smile raising on his face.

A sudden spark of light went through my heart, and I suddenly felt like all my reasons to get out of this mountain had intensified. I not only had friends to go back to, but blood. I felt like the wind had gotten knocked out of my chest, and I was left frozen, just staring at him.

How am I supposed to react? Happy? Angry? How should I know? Is it possible to love someone so much that it nearly hurts... but I've never met them.

"Oh," was all I said, a smile slowly making it's way into my face. I wasn't sure what to say. "What does she look like?"

"Pretty. A lot like you," he said, smiling at me.

I frowned.

"But nothing like you," he assured.

I frowned deeper.

He smiled amusedly at my jealousy and laughed a bit, his chest wracking at the beautiful sound that came from his lips. "Why do you look like that?"

"You think she's pretty?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He leaned towards me and kissed my forehead. "Trust me, I'm all yours."

I smirked. "Good. I'm great."

"You are," he said, his smile never leaving his face.

As I stared further at his features, my smile fell. He had terrible, purple bags under his eyes and bruises all over his face. "You should sleep," I told him. "You look like you got ran over by a truck."

He hummed. "Even in that cap?"

Well, he's got me there. "Whatever. Just sleep."

He then studied my face for a second. "Have you been sleeping?"

I felt my blood boil. "No. I told you, B. I need to get out of here. What they're doing to us... I'm going insane. I hate it. I hate this place. I want to leave."

His eyebrows laced in sorry and he placed his lips against my forehead. "We're going to get out."

I nodded and closed my eyes, but I didn't want to stop talking to him. I opened my eyes again to see if he was still awake. He was looking at me already.

"Can we snuggle?" I whisper.

A grin is plastered onto his face as he nods. I blush and let him lay flat on his back, and I intertwine our legs and put my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around my torso, and I feel amazingly comfortable and warm.

Then, I tense up as I remember. "They took my necklace," I say, anger laced in my tone.

He begins stroking my damp hair, and I hum in satisfaction. "That's fine. I'll make another. It'll be just as special."

I nod.

I slowly felt my eyes getting heavy, and I snuggled closer to him under the covers. He wraps his arms around me tighter, and as I drifted off to sleep, I felt like I was completely safe. Like I wasn't trapped in a madhouse with people trying to drill into my friends bones at this very moment.

"Goodnight, Bellamy."

"Goodnight, Car."

I was just about asleep when I heard him say to me, "Next time we're in this position, there won't be much sleeping."

1160 words
HI GUYS I HOPE YOURE ALL DOING WELL this is my last draft but ill try to get working on the next chapter!! thank you for the support mwah xoxo