chapter 10

I stared at the gun in my hands while we waited.

When we all heard a boom, I sat up from my place next to Miller and held it tightly, grabbing the long knife I had in my back pocket.

Don't make it a kill shot.

When they began banging on the door, Jasper quietly instructed us to get ready.

When they threw the red things into the room, the doors finally being opened behind all of the chairs we had put there, I looked to Jasper and nodded.

I was in charge of throwing them into the water, running back to the others as I laid myself on the floor, hearing them take down the barricade.

I shut my eyes and took deep breaths as I lay.

I tried not to shudder when I heard footsteps next to my head, and I involuntarily drifted my hand to Monty's, grasping it for comfort.

He squeezed back.

When I heard the first battle cry, I stood up, giving out my own yell as I slid across the floor and sliced the backs of people's knees.

They weren't grounders.

It was way too easy.

I shot some of them in the feet, obviously not being able to hit them in a fatal area.

When someone grabbed my arms and crossed them behind my back, I screamed. "Get the hell off of me!" I grunted, trying to thrash around.

"You can't kill me," he said, almost as a growl.

I felt my blood run cold.

Kill or be killed.

I stepped on his foot, loosening his grip on my arms. I pulled up the arm that had the gun in it and threw my body to the ground, immediately pulling the trigger once I had a view of him.

It went straight through his head.

In my moment of shock, I barely felt arms grab mine and pull me to my feet, dragging me away from my friends.

It was weird. I didn't feel guilt for killing that man. I was horrified of myself for that. 

Just... shocked. It was disgusting.

I killed him.

When reality set in and I was in the hallways, I began screaming. "Get your fucking hands off of me!" I screamed and screamed.

When they took me into a room, I saw the cages and the dead bodies that had been drilled into.

The same place Bellamy and I had seen.

"I'll prep the table," the one said.

I think this was the only moment in my whole life I had been absolutely, completely, horrified.

When one let go of me, I quickly took one of my shaking hands and bent it behind the mans head, yanking his head forward. He lost his balance and I pushed him to the ground, turning around, getting ready to run.

Another guard stood, pointing a gun at me. I skidded to a stop so fast I fell on my butt, whimpering, "You've gotta be shitting me."

When his aim quickly went from me to the guards behind me, sending bullets into them easily, I fell onto my elbows in shock.

When he ripped off his goggles and helmet, I sighed in relief and fell onto my back in tiredness. A tear fell from my eye as I held a hand over my face, sobbing from what I had just witnessed.

Bellamy kneeled next to me, holding the sides of my faces and kissing my forehead. "Shh, you're okay, Car. I got you."

When I sat up and buried myself in his chest, he wrapped his arms around me and held the back of my head. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he said, his own voice sounding shaky.

I looked up, calmed down from my terror. One look into his sad eyes and I leaned my head up and connected our lips. Kissing Bellamy always calms me down. Every kiss felt like it was the first time, feeling like I'm turning to jelly and feeling his grip on my waist tighten. When I pulled away, I leaned my forehead against his. "I'm okay, Bellamy. Thank you."

"Oh, uh..."

Our heads turned to Maya, standing in the doorway with her lips parted awkwardly. "I didn't know you guys were..."

"We'll explain on the way," Bellamy said, smirking towards me. "Are you okay to stand?" he asked me softly.

I smiled and stood up, brushing off my gross gumdrop dress. He stood up beside me, not taking his eyes away from me.

"Let's go," I told them, following Maya out of the door.

As we walked through the halls, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Bellamy.

Jesus, with that tan cap on? I felt like I was sweating just looking at him.

"What?" he grumbled, seeing I was looking at him.

I laced my fingers with his. "Nothing," I hummed.

When we got to Maya's home, we walked in awkwardly. The man on the couch defensively rose to his feet, quickly asking Maya, "What are they doing here?"

"They're in trouble, we just needed someplace safe," Maya rushed out.

"They need to go now," he told her.

"Let me explain."

"Explain where you got that uniform," he said, looking at Bellamy.

My grip tightened on his hand.

"Maya, you know how dangerous this is. What are you doing?" He whispered to his daughter, I assumed.

"What mom would've done," she said, her voice just above a whisper.

Oh.

He pursed his lips and turned to us. "I need you to leave," he told us.

"Sorry, we can't do that," Bellamy shuffled on his feet.

"It's okay, he's gonna help us," Maya said, not taking her eyes away from her dad.

"That's not the message I was getting from what just happened," I said, pursing my lips.

"My parents were a part of a movement that was against using outsider blood," Maya told us. "My mom refused the treatments, and it killed her. She was willing to die for what she believed in."

"That's patriotic," I mumbled.

"Maya, you were five," her dad said. "I couldn't leave you alone."

"I'm not a little girl anymore."

"They were willing to kill you before," he said, stepping closer to her. "If you get caught—"

"We won't if you help us," she convinced him.

"They're drilling into us," I spoke up. "Taking our bone marrow. Without anesthetics. Killing us. We don't have any other options."

The man sighed heavily. "Just this once. Just for one night."

I sighed in relief.

Maya smiled towards me. "Bedrooms this way," she told me, guiding me in the back of her home.

I slowly smiled at Bellamy and let go of his hand, following the girl. As we walked, I told her, "Um, sorry for being such a bitch. I thought my boyfriend and my best friend were dead and I was in an unknown place, locked up, if you can see where I'm coming from."

She smiled. "It's okay."

"Thank you."

Bellamy bends down to whisper in my ear, "Boyfriend?" he teases.

I just smile.

SORRY I DONT UPDATE FREQUENTLY AT ALL OMG I LOVE U GUYS THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT <33