chapter 9

"Link up!" I had he honors of screaming it.

We all linked arms, filling up the small space of our room, bunching together.

The woman didn't look phased, stepping through the soldiers and looking at each of us.

I spotted Bellamy shaking his head at me, goggles on his face like all the other guards.

I knew that my plan would work, like every time.

They take the weak and the scared.

All I had to do was mask it.

I stuck my chin up, glaring daggers at the woman as she walked up to us, her heels hitting the cement. "This one," she said, gesturing to a horrified girl.

When they came to get her, all hell broke loose, everyone attacking everyone. I managed to kick a guard in the balls, running the opposite way, only for someone to grip my wrists together and push me against a dresser in between beds.

Before I could scream or something, I heard Bellamy's voice in my ear. "You have to tell them what they're doing, and I need you guys to fight back harder next time."

I nodded.

Figures it was Bellamy. Something about him tells me he'd be able to get anyone in a position where he had dominant possession over them. 

Not that I'd know.

Yet.

He then slid a gun into my hands, and my eyes widened. "Give it to Jasper. You don't have to use it. Get them ready, okay? I trust you."

When I looked around and saw people getting close to us, I slowly turned my head and mumbled, "Punch me."

"I'm not going to punch y-"

"Hey!" Our heads whipped to where another guard stood on the other side of the bed, yelling to Bellamy, "Everything okay over there?"

I then stepped on Bellamy's foot, whipping my body around and pushing him off of me. "They're watching," I hissed.

I probably looked ridiculous in my gumdrop dress doing this, but I lifted my leg and attempted to kick his side, only for him to grip my leg.

He smirked.

Before I could contemplate what was happening, I was on the ground, groaning in pain.

I looked up to see him tainted red, cursing and leaning down towards me. "Sorry," he whispered, inches away from my face.

I pecked his lips, then pushing him off of me before anyone got suspicious.

One guard passed me, looking at me weird, and I realized I was smiling oddly.

Well.

"Ow, fuck!" I yelled, doing my best to fake being terribly hurt. I think it worked.

When the rest of the guards filed out of the room, Bellamy looked back at all of us once more before following them.

I gripped the gun in my hand.

I gripped a metal pole that came from the bed posts as I asked them, all staring at the doors, "Whats taking Bellamy so long?"

"Maybe they caught him," Miller suggested grimly.

I smacked his chest as I stood beside him. "Shut up, Mill. He didn't get caught."

"The guards will be here any minute, Jasper. It's been four hours," Monty said.

"Have some faith in Bellamy," I snapped.

"They're gonna take someone else," Harper mumbled.

"No. Everyone, just stick to the plan," Jasper instructed, everyone watching intently at the door, waiting for it to open.

"I won't let anyone else be taken without a fight," I said, my voice low, menacing.

When the alarm buzzed, we all got in ur stances. "Get ready," Jasper said quickly.

We all linked arms.

It was almost silent as they walked in, Miller on one side of me and Monty on the other. When they came in, the annoying ass doctor walking in, I actually wanted to snap the heels off of her feet. "This one," she said, looking at Monty.

When they took him from my grasp, our heads turned to Jasper, awaiting what would happen next. He quickly took out the pistol I had given him, yelling, "Hey! Get your hands off him."

Then, he shot.

I flinched.

Miller was he first to move, taking a pole and swinging it at a guard. I was next, grunting as I swung it and hit a guard right in the side of the head. "Take that, son of a bitch!" I screamed, hitting him until he fell to the floor. When another one came at me, I pulled back my leg, kicking in between his legs before pushing him to the ground with my foot.

I hit him with the pole over and over again.

When arms grabbed at me, I quickly began elbowing them, my feet slipping and falling on the ground. They let me stay there, walking away with their guns pointed to me.

The doctor walked towards us, her face looking pinched and pissed off. "Take this one, instead," she said, pointing to Jasper.

My blood boiled in rage. While they grabbed at him, I hopelessly screamed and screamed for them to let him go, but he didn't, taking him out of the door.

Come on, Bell.

When she instructed the guards to search us, I lifted up my skirt, flashing all of the guards. "I don't have a weapon, so don't fucking put your hands on me," I snarled.

They didn't.

When guards began slowing and gasping for air, my stomach rose in hope. "Radiation!" They yelled.

I watched in disgust as they fell to the ground, their skin boiling.

"Come on, Carson!" Miller grabbed my arm, pulling me out of my trance and out of the room.

Familiar yellow lights flashed as the lady over the speakers announced the containment breach. We all ran out of the room in a frenzy, grabbing weapons from guards, myself grabbing a pistol, and rushing to the elevator.

Harper, Jasper, Monty and Miller stared into the door. I looked over Monty's shoulder, almost regretting it as I did.

We all watched as the woman we despised crippled to blood in front of our eyes.

I didn't feel remorse.