Chapter 25

'Dear Gaius,
Thankfully, I am safe and well. I am still weak but thanks to your wonderful skills I'm confident that I will make a full recovery. I have almost reached Pottsfield and I am not afraid, although I already miss you and Camelot.

I saw Arthur last night, and we spoke through everything. He will keep my secret- pretend I'm dead. You, him and Gwen are the only one's who know, so I think I will stay safe from Uther. In time I think it will be okay to tell some of the knights. It pains me greatly for the grief Gwaine will go through at the news of my demise. I'm pretty great.

Anyway, I'll visit as soon as possible and I'll send you another letter when I reach Pottsfield.

I want to thank you for everything you have done for me over the years. You have been my father and best friend, a constant support, and I owe you so much. Thank you.
Merlin'

'Arthur,
I miss you dreadfully you little clotpole.
Pottfield is marvelous! I'm staying with a lovely old couple and working on the farms to make a living. Ironically, I'm living the life you once described you wanted to live with Gwen. You did say you would bring me though...
With love,
Merlin'

'Merlin,
I'm glad you're settling in well. I miss you too, you stupid cabbage brain!
Father is awfully ill, and I fear the worst. I'll keep you updated.
Lots of love,
Arthur'

'Arthur,
I would say I'm sorry, but I try not to lie to my loved ones. Uther was a good king, but he had many faults... And let's not even get started on his parenting! I mean, look at you, you complete train wreck!
With love,
Merlin'

'Merlin,
Get your white ass over here rápido boi! Dad died and I'm king! Magic is legal!
Lots of love,
Arthur'

'Arthur,
I'm on my way.
With love,
Merlin'

'Gaius,
I'm on my way now, please will you make my favourite soup for when I get in?
Merlin'

THE END