Seven.

Amelia was perched on John's lap, her forehead pressed against his with her eyes closed. The effect of the drinks had worn off, now she just wanted to curl up into bed and sleep for a week, despite the fact it was her party.

"You alright?" John mumbled, so only she could hear.

"Tired. I want to sleep." She giggled at herself. "I'm so old. It's not even that late and I need a nap. I used to stay up past 3 am."

"Yeah well, welcome to married life darling. Doesn't get much better." John chuckled.

They continued to sit happily in silence as the world carried on around them. Everyone was drunk, including heavily pregnant Ada who was swinging herself around as she danced. Tommy, Polly and Darcy were sat together, probably discussing the family merger. Dan and Sarah appeared to have vanished, but in reality were hooking up in someone's car.

Ada started to shout and scream as Arthur tried to control her, catching the attention of John and Amelia.

"Come and look Amelia! Look at the family you've joined!" Ada shouted as Tommy tried to rein her in. "Come, look at the man who runs it. He chooses his brother's wives!"

John stood up as he held onto Amelia's waist. She tucked herself behind him as she cowered, not sure if she was in the right position to comment.

"He hunts his own sister down like a rat and tries to kill his own brother-in-law." Ada slapped Tommy's chest, full of rage she'd locked up for weeks. "Now he won't let me have a fucking dance. Not even at a fucking wedding!"

"Sit her down." John grappled with his sister as her drunken fury spilled out.

"John, she needs to stop or she'll hurt the baby." Amelia placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to get past him.

"Ada calm, calm down." Polly soothed the girl as she began to pant. "Holy shit. Water. Right."

Ada's waters had broken at the most inconvenient moment there could be. The worry was etched on her face at the imminent arrival of her child.

"Bloody hell Ada, you do pick your times." Arthur sighed.

"Amelia. Help me." Ada whimpered as she realized her midwife was now her sister in law.

"You're all right love, I promise. We need to get you somewhere quiet and clean. Polly, where do we go? And where the fuck is Sarah?!" Amelia screamed out to the audience that were taking pleasure in the scene unfolding, as they would do at a horse race.

On cue, Sarah emerged from the backseat of the Shelby car with tousled hair, Dan behind her with incorrectly done up buttons on his shirt. As soon as she saw Ada hunched over, she dashed over and interrogated the girl.

"Have you had any contractions yet?" Sarah started feeling up Ada's stomach, earning a slap on the arm from Polly.

"I don't know. I don't-" Ada became light headed and started swaying.

"Let's get you in the car, you go with Polly and Tom, We'll be right behind you I promise Ada." Amelia pushed some hair out of her face and made reassuring eye contact. "I won't let you down."

"We'll meet you there, off you go." John patted his sister's back as she was lead away by her aunt and brother.

"That fucking girl." Arthur shook his head.

"Dan! Tell mum and dad I've got to go. And not for the reason they think." Amelia waved at her brother. He acknowledged her with a salute and headed over to their parents.

Arthur chucked his cigarette in a dead glass of whiskey as he went to the car.

"She'll be okay won't she? Some women die in childbirth. Martha almost did once or twice." John solemnly spoke.

"She's a strong girl. She can do it. She'll have Pol, Me and Sarah by her side." Amelia smiled at him in an attempt to rid his worries.

Amelia took a step forward to go to Arthur's car that he was impatiently waiting in before she was pulled back. John's hand had somehow, accidentally, slipped into her's. She turned to look at him a little confused, only to be met with a sheepish smile on John's face

"Well, you are my wife."

The car journey, unfortunately driven by partially drunk John, would've made Jesus himself swear like a sailor. They were skidding around corners and dodging potholes. The look on Sarah's face as she alighted the car was priceless, she looked like she'd never be the same again. Tommy was outside the house, alone, a cigarette hanging on his lips.

Arthur swiftly jumped out of the car and helped the two girls down from the high step. Amelia was still in her wedding dress and she was beginning to lament the awkwardness of it.

"Nice car John. How'd she run?" Tommy asked as John studied his new car. Somehow, Jack had acquired this car from somewhere that he promised to give John as a present.

"Beautiful. Really smooth." John ran a hand down the leather and hopped out of the car.

"Your sister's giving birth and you're talking about a bloody car." Polly threw the front door open and let the girls inside.

"Not much is men can do now Pol." Tommy shrugged.

"Except go get drunk." Arthur grinned.

"You already are John." Amelia popped her head around the door frame before disappearing back inside.

"Shut up Amy." John laughed as he was led away by his brothers. "So are you!"

"There's one man that should be here." Polly spoke.

"You're right Pol. Freddie should be here." Tommy nodded.

"Is that a heart beat I hear inside that chest?" Polly asked sarcastically.

"The truth lasts till sunrise. On my path, tell Freddie it's safe." Tommy reluctantly announced.

"Ada!" Polly shouted as she ran inside the building, ready to impart the news.

"Right boys, lets wet the baby's head." Tommy led his brothers away and to the pub.

"Why'd you call her Amy?" Arthur patted John's shoulder as they walked away.

"Dunno. It's suits her though. She's my Amy now."

a/n: i had 0.3 seconds to myself so i updated!! this is a bit of a filler (maybe?) but we'll get more john & amelia action soon. x