Sixteen.

Billy Kimber was dead. The one true nemesis of the Blinders has been eradicated with a single bullet from Tommy's gun. This called for a celebration.

The Garrsion was alive with Arthur shouting and the boys drinking and cheering, raising toasts to the Blinders in congratulations.

Amelia was sat with Polly having a chat. The two had become close in the last few weeks with Polly seeing her as a substitute daughter for the one that was take away from her years ago.

"John's off his tits." Polly remarked.

"I know. But look at Ada and Freddie." Amelia smiled as she watched the couple and their new baby.

Freddie couldn't keep himself away from Karl for more than a second. He was kissing him on the head, holding him and treasuring him.

"Lovely isn't it? I'm so happy for Ada." Polly beamed. "I'm also very happy for you darling. You and John seem to be improving."

"I think we are. It's been baby steps for a few weeks but he seem to be opening up to me about how he feels a bit. I'm warming to him." Amelia blushed as she tried to hide it.

"He's definitely warming up to you. He was saying earlier how he thinks you're a lovely girl." Polly relayed the information from earlier.

"I was saying earlier how grateful I am that your family have taken me under your wings. I feel much more at home with you Shelby's than I ever did with my own parents. I haven't spoken to them in weeks because Mum just isn't interested in me anymore. I felt a bit unloved by them, but you lot have brought me and Dan into the home and made us your own." Amelia was welling up at her own statement. Polly leant over the table and grabbed her hand.

"However unloved you feel by your parents, trust me, you always have someone over here. Even if John is angry at you, I'll be here. So will Ada. Us Shelby girls need to stick together." She winked. "Maybe I should have a chat with your mother."

"Polly thank you. But please don't talk to her, she really isn't your biggest fan." Amelia laughed lightly.

"Well, I'm always available if you want me to. May I advise you go and look after John? He's being sick out the door."

Polly was right. John was hanging out of the front door chucking his guts up. He came back into the pub looking completely out of it, his eyes all over.

"Is he on something?" Amelia asked.

"Welcome to the world of the Blinders."

The party in the pub was dying down, and Amelia was becoming more and more tired as the minutes ticked by. There was no longer dancing and singing, but drunk people sat together holding their own different conversations. Amelia was sat on John's lap in the snug as he puffed away on a cigarette.

"I think Sarah's still got the kids." Amelia whispered even though they were the only ones in the separated room.

"Ah leave them with her. She and Dan can look after them." John sighed.

The pair fell into a silence as they let the events of the day wash over them. It didn't feel like one day, it felt like a lifetime since the morning.

Amelia had finally got a view into the Shelby lifestyle. A proper view. Danger around every corner, murder, violence, weapons and fights. But she wasn't put off. If anything, it intrigued her. She'd always loved thrills in life, that's why her and Dan kickstarted their criminal career, because they loved the thrill of it.

"You're tired." John stated as he looked at her.

"It's been such a long day." Amelia sighed.

"I know. I'm very grateful for you." John smiled. "You do a lot for me."

"Why are you being so loved up all of a sudden?" She giggled, the alcohol overtaking her body.

It felt like their wedding day when they were drunk and sat together in the caravan whilst everyone danced. Except this time they were alone.

"You've turned me into this mess. I haven't been like this since I met Martha." John admitted.

"But I thought you didn't like me. A couple of weeks back you ignored me." Amelia pouted.

"I panicked because I like you. It's weird. I shouldn't like you because it was all organised and orchestrated. But there's something about you I can't ignore." John was spilling out all his secrets and emotions.

Amelia's blush stood out even harder against her pale skin and blonde hair. She didn't even try to conceal as she smiled and gazed at John.

"I think I like you too." She beamed and leant in to kiss him.

His lips tasted like whiskey and cigarettes, a taste she could happily get used to. Completely cliché, she got a strange feeling deep inside her, maybe down to the alcohol. John felt as though he was on cloud nine. She pulled away but kept her hands gently on his face.

"Can we go home?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course." John lifted her up and carried her out of the snug, stumbling out of the door to the pub.

"Put me down." She laughed loudly probably waking the street.

John dropped her onto her feet and wrapped his arm around her waist as they walked. As they swayed from side to side.

"John, my man." Tommy smiled as he appeared from around the corner.

"Tom! I'm going home, I'm knackered." John waved at him.

Amelia wrapped her arm around his neck and pulled his head towards as she kissed his cheek. John turned his head towards her and their lips met again.

"Oh I see. Going home? Nice hidden meaning. I'll see you tomorrow John. Up and early." Tommy smiled and waved them off as he headed to the pub, his arm still bandaged.

"Come on." Amelia whined and pulled John away from his brother and down the street.

Quicker than a blink, John had her pinned against someone's wall of their house, his lips on her neck.

"I really like you. Really fucking like you." John whispered in her ear.

They would've carried on against that very wall if they weren't interrupted by an angry woman banging on the window and telling them to fuck off. They couldn't help themselves but erupt into laughter.

In Amelia and John's eyes, the whole world was perfect.

a/n: exams are done and here's a present for you! just so you know, from here on it's a time skip to series 2! x