Thirty Two.

Anger was the only thing pulsating through Amelia's veins. Her entire body and mind had been consumed by rage. She stormed through the door to the betting den and slammed it shut so loud that Polly, Lizzie and Linda jumped out of their skins.

"Well, here I am then." She screeched as she sat down at the table and folded her arms over her growing bump. "Happy fucking birthday to me."

A look of guilt flashed across Lizzie and Linda's face as it dawned on them that the big event that was happening that the couldn't remember was in fact Amelia's twenty seventh birthday. Polly however maintained her poker face.

"Happy birthday Amelia." Lizzie smiled sympathetically while Linda sat looking soulless.

"Thanks girls. Not only has everyone forgotten it's my birthday, but my husband has fucked off on a hunting trip with his brothers." Amelia raged.

"They've gone on that trip because their father passed away." Polly spoke calmly.

"Oh, that father they hated? Boo fucking hoo. No one ever gives a shit about me." Amelia sulked.

"Do shut up." Polly rolled her eyes. "If you must know so desperately, there's business to be discussed."

"Always fucking business. Always. Fucks up his life, my life, my kids lives, you name it." Amelia sighed. "Fucks up my birthday and all."

"Listen, sweetheart, you married into this family knowing full well what you were getting." Linda snarked.

"And who the fuck do you think you are, piping up? I didn't choose to marry John, but if I could now, I would. I've been in this family longer than the ten minutes you have so I suggest you shut the fuck up before I kick your stomach into your mouth." Amelia stood up and leant over the table so she was nose to nose with Linda.

"Jesus Mel, calm down." Sarah pulled her away. Amelia was so caught up she didn't even notice her come in.

"No! She's chatting shit about me and I won't have it." Amelia protested.

"Girls, calm down please." Lizzie attempted to reduce the tension.

"Shut up Lizzie. It's a good job I like you because you're annoying as fuck." Amelia smirked. "Listen, I want you to know something before you start hearing shit. I'm pregnant. It might be twins but I'm not sure, I'm just assuming off the size of me."

"Congratulations love!" Lizzie hugged her softly.

Polly have her a smile that expressed her in a way words couldn't and Sarah squeezed her shoulders. It was just Linda that was the issue.

"And are you sure it's John's?" She inquired.

"Sorry?" Amelia questioned despite knowing full well what came out of Linda's mouth.

"Do you know if you're pregnant by John or someone else?" Linda asked again, oblivious to the torrent of verbal abuse about to smack her.

"I'm pregnant by my husband. The love of my life. The man I'm in love with. Just because you haven't yet determined the father of your baby doesn't mean you should judge everyone else by your standards. I don't know what you're trying to achieve by winding everyone up, but stop it. If you want a slap, you're going the right way about it." Amelia ranted.

Silence consumed the den as Linda went back to her work whilst Lizzie, Polly and Sarah stood stunned.

"Well." Lizzie broke the tension. "I'll put that one down to hormones."

"Don't Liz. Put it down to Linda being a bitch." Amelia smiled sarcastically at Linda before sauntering away.

The den was empty as Amelia counted up the notes inside the vault. Her eyes were crossing due to her tiredness. It was still her birthday and the most birthday thing she'd done was buy a loaf of bread and stick a match in it. She was fucking miserable.

As she turned to leave the den, the sight of a figure in the shadows caused her to drop the wad of cash she was holding.

"Amy it's me." John called out and stepped into the light.

"Jesus fucking christ John." She sighed and barged past him.

"I got you a present." He held up a bag from the bakery containing a pastry. "Your favourite."

"Polly must've reminded you it was my birthday." She shrugged.

"I remembered. Got today's date stamped on my brain." John defended himself. "I tried to get out of it but Tommy wouldn't let me."

"Always something more important than me." She sighed and walked off.

"Amy get back here." John scooped her up and pinned her up against the brick pillar. "You're the most important thing in my life. You're my fucking world you dickhead."

"John I'm bored. I'm fed up of being in here. I want to do something with my life." She whined as their hands locked.

"Wait until the baby is born. Babies." He tucked a stray strand of brown hair behind her ear.

"I feel like a hen in a coop." She sighed.

"Remember that house in Lichfield? The one you said looked like something on a chocolate box? I'm gonna buy that fucking house. As big as Tommy's and with more land. If you feel cooped up, we'll take a wagon your dad can get us and we'll camp out by the ditch." John stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"How the fuck do you pay for that?" She asked, full of doubt.

"It's all gonna change Amy." He kissed her gently. "Happy birthday love."

"Linda told me something today." She admitted. "You're planning a robbery."

"Of the factory? Yeah it's-"

"No. The one you won't tell the women about. John, please. Don't get into trouble with the Russians. They're so much more dangerous than you think and the last thing I need is you dying on me when I've got the babies on the way." She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Amy I'm never leaving your side. I promise."

A/n: new covers (again) and I've just written a cute little chapter for before "you know what" x