Thirty One.

Amelia sat in the betting den, chewing off her fingernails as she stressed. The result of her trip to the doctors has not been the one she was expecting. She now had to break her news to John and hoped he saw the happy side of it all. It had been a few weeks since the wedding and she could tell something wasn't right within her. Deep down she knew what it was but pretended it wasn't in the stupid hope it would disappear.

"Darlin?" John burst through the door with a toothpick in his mouth and arms wide as he tried to spot her. When he did so, his eyes lit up with excitement. He was so obviously still in love.

"Hello." She spoke shakily and accepted the hug he offered.

"So come on, what is it? On the edge of my fuckin' seat here." He sat down on the chair next to her and lit a cigarette, blowing smoke out towards her causing her to cough. "Are you dying?"

"No." She laughed awkwardly. "Look, the thing is- I don't even know what to say because you'll hate it." She sighed and placed her head in her hands.

She felt John's hand wrap around her wrist softly as he leant towards her.

"Amy what's up?" He whispered.

Amelia lifted her head up so they were even closer in proximity.

"John I'm having a baby. We're having a baby." She reluctantly admitted.

She didn't think it was possible, but his expression exploded into one of sheer joy. He looked ready to cry with happiness.

"Well why the fuck do you sound so fucking miserable about it?" He exclaimed. "It's a fucking baby!"

"Stop swearing around the baby." She swatted his arm. "I thought you'd be angry because we aren't properly back together."

"Don't you think that gives us a good enough reason? Amy you know I didn't ever fall out of love with you. I'll wait as long as you want if it means I can have you back." John's smile was so happy and beautiful it melted her there on the spot.

"John." She whispered softly as if they didn't want anyone else to hear.

"Please, just give us another whirl. I want our kids to grow up and see us happy, not hating each other. I want them to bring our grandkids over in 40 years time and for them to say how happy we are." He admitted.

"You've turned into such a soppy twat John Shelby. I can't ever let your brothers see this, you'll never live it down. I think that maybe we should try again. I mean, we were never really given a choice first time around but now I wouldn't choose anyone else." She smiled.

"You chose that American cunt." He scoffed and sat back in his chair before being yanked forwards by his own shirt.

"To piss you off at the party. I wanted to see if you still loved me and it worked." Amelia had a devilish look upon her innocent face.

"You cheeky bitch." John smirked before pulling her in for a hard kiss. "Will you be my wife again?"

"Fuck it, go on then." Amelia kissed him again with all the love she stored up in her body.

The two kissed as if it was their last. Neither John or Amelia wanted to lose each other, and Amelia realised how much she relies on him for happiness. Their love was a dangerous car ride but he was worth the risk on her life.

"Johnboy, detach yourself from her and talk to me. Have you done the odds for tomorrow?" Tommy interrupted their moment to rifle through some folders.

Amelia tuned herself out as she stared down at her stomach. What confused her most was that she was showing, when she was only a month and a half along. She lit the fuse of excitement in her head as she considered the fact she could have twins. It wouldn't be unusual considering her and her brother.

"Amelia I need you to leave now. Go out the back door and lock it behind you." Tommy ordered.

She looked up to see John armed with a large gun in his arms.

"Someone tell me what the fuck's going on?" She protested.

"There's two trucks full of coppers out there. Where the hell is Arthur?" Tommy asked as he peeked through the net curtains.

Amelia watched as the men armed themselves and decided it was in hers and the baby's best interests if she left. She quickly grabbed her coat and opened the back door before being grabbed by two policemen and pushed back inside. Everything happened so fast she only caught a glimpse of Tommy and John being shoved to the floor. The police detaining her tried to do the same but were screeched at by John.

"Let her go she's fucking pregnant!" He yelled out, earning a look from Tommy.

"Put her down now." He ordered.

The vice like grip around her arms was suddenly released and she could already feel the bruises forming. Her reflex actions caused her leg to kick into a policeman's groin without even thinking.

"That's my girl." John laughed as he struggled under the weight of the coppers. "What the fuck is going on Tom?"

"Tell Polly it's Russian business." Tommy shouted as he was lead out of the building.

Peace soon fell over the den, confusing both Amelia and John.

"I swear, if this business harms my family-" She began.

"It won't. It won't. I promise." John sighed as he finally stood up after being squished on the floor. "Nothing will happen to me, or you, or any of the kids. That I guarantee."

"You can't guarantee nothing will happen John. The life we lead is so unpredictable. One day you could end up dead and then what will I do?" She sighed and sat on the table.

"I won't happen so don't even think about it. Just focus on the kids." He kissed her softly.

"It better not happen. If you die John Shelby I'll bloody kill you."

a/n: it's missing john shelby hours x