Chapter Two

Bill POV
     I can't believe she is moving away. One of my best friends is leaving. She was mad at me yesterday, but I have no clue why. And when we saw her in her car, she didn't even acknowledge us. Plus, Stan won't tell us anything. I'm going to find out what's bugging her, because we've been best friends since second grade.

Y/n POV
    We arrive in Hawkins, Indiana pretty early in the morning. It's seven am and my dad is now driving. He pulls up in front of a small house and as soon as the car stops, my little brother jumps out of car and runs up too it. Slowly, I get out of the car and walk up to the house. I grab all my boxes out of the moving truck and bring them to my room. After a few minutes of unpacking my mom comes to my room.
"Hey, how about you go ride your bike and see if you can make some friends," She says.
    I nod and walk out to grab my bike. I'm riding around for a bit when I see a group of kids also riding there bikes. I ride over to them and they automatically look at me.
"Can we help you," the kid that looks exactly like Richie Toizer without glasses asks.
"Richie?" I ask.
He rolls his eyes, "No, I'm Mike. Richie is my cousin. Wait, how do you know him?"
"Oh, well I used to live in Derry, Maine. I just moved here," I say.
"Cool," a girl with shoulder length, curly brown hair says.
"I'm y/n, what are your names?" I ask.
"I'm Max," a girl with flaming red hair says.
"Lucas," a darker skinned boy says.
"Dustin," a guy with really curly brown hair says.
"I'm El," the girl with  short hair says.
"And I'm Will," a guy with a bowl cut says.
"Nice to meet you. Do you think I could hang out with you guys? I just moved here and I have no friends and no clue where anything is," I say hopefully.
"Um, no you can't—," Mike starts but is cut off by El.
"Sure, you can hang out with us," she smiles.
"Thanks," I smile.
     They end up taking me all over town showing me everything. Unfortunately, it comes to an end and I have to head home. When I get home, my mom tells me that Stan called and I should call him back. I nod and head over to the phone.

Stan POV
     I'm pacing by my phone wondering if y/n is okay. The phone then starts to ring and I answer it in 0.5 seconds.
"Hello?" I say.
"Hey Stan," y/n says.
"How are you," I ask.
She laughs, "I've been gone a day, I think I'm fine."
"Good, and why are you mad at Bill?" I ask.
All I hear is breathing until she answers, "I saw something. Something I didn't like."
I know she likes Bill, and it makes me a little jealous but I continue, "What did you see?"
I hear he gulp, "Well, I saw him kiss Bev.... and it broke me. I cried myself to sleep that night."
I feel sympathy towards her, "Oh, y/n. I'm sorry."
I hear her cry softly on the other side, "It's all good. I made some friends. One of them is Richie's identical cousin."
"Wait, you moved to Hawkins, Indiana?" I ask.
"Yeah.... why?" She stopped crying.
"Oh, just wondering," I say.
I hear shouts on the other line and she then says, "I got to go Stanley, talk to you tomorrow. Bye!"
"Bye," I say. She hangs up and I remember something. The losers and I are going there in vacation next summer.

Word Count- 632