Broken...

Vitani's pov
I was about to meet with Kopa, when I heard mother talking about a plan; 'that Kopa is getting to close to my daughter. She doesn't focus anymore! I'll have to end him.' I ran off. I started to cry. I ran towards our meeting spot, not wanting to let him wait. Kovu barely had time off from his training, so Kopa and I had been meeting with the two of us. I arrived at our meeting spot, seeing Kopa looking at me, confused.

Kopa's pov
I was waiting for Vitani. I was thinking about her all the time, and I needed to know if she felt the same. But, when she arrived, she was crying. I hugged her, but she didn't calm down. 'Vitani, What's wrong?' I asked her. 'Mother... no! I'm probably leading her to you!' She ran off. 'No! Wait!' She didn't reply. Why doesn't she understand? Doesn't she understand what's the reason I'm coming here everyday?

Vitani's pov
I hated myself. I was so dumb. Mother probably followed my tracks. I heard Kopa yell after me. Didn't he understand what was the reason I ran away?

Both of their pov
I started singing:

You Are the Reason
Calum Scott
There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now
There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason
There goes my hand shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now
If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe
And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason, oh
(I don't wanna fight no more)
(I don't wanna hurt no more)
(I don't wanna cry no more)
(Come back, I need you to hold me closer now)
You are the reason, oh
(Just a little closer now)
(Come a little closer now)
(I need you to hold me tonight)
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

Vitani's pov
I didn't know what to do. Kopa had no idea, and mother was gonna kill him. I panicked, deciding to go back to Kopa.

Kopa's pov
I didn't understand; why should she run away from me? And what does Zira have to do with this? I found out soon enough. 'Oh hello there, little prince.' Zira walked towards me, and I tried to back up, leaning against the back wall of the small cave Vitani and I used to meet. I was scared. 'Now now, young royalty, this will all be over soon!' She attacked.

Vitani's pov
I ran back to the cave, seeing mother exit it. I hid in the grass, so she couldn't notice me. When she was gone, I ran to the entrance; 'KOPA! NOOOO!' There he was; lifeless on the ground. Mother killed him. And I helped her. I'm a killer. I ran off crying, and went into my den. I laid down, without coming out for food or water.