Royal

Vitani's pov
I woke up, without Kopa's warm body against me. I walked out, seeing Kovu. 'Morning!' I said, making him look at me. 'Morning sis! You ready for your big day?' He asked me, gently head budding me. 'Do you Seriously have to remind me of it?' I asked him, smiling. 'At least you're not as caught up in your thoughts as Kopa is. He walked past here not to long ago, not even noticing me.' He smiled, and so did I. 'I think I know where he went. I'll see what I can do.' I answered. 'Don't take to long! Kiara and the hunting party should return soon.' He yelled after me, as I walked away. I nodded, letting him know I heard him. I walked to the top of pride rock. Yep, there he was, staring into the distance. I sat down next to him, nuzzling him. 'From today on, It'll be our job to rule over the whole pride lands! What will the animals think?' He looked at me. I looked back, into his eyes, seeing fear. 'Kopa, there will always be times there's a small lack of faith. But you just need to have faith in yourself, and they'll have faith in you to. Your parents wouldn't step down because they think you'd be an awful leader, they trust you, and they know you're ready. And so do I.' I replied, head budding him. We stayed with our foreheads like that for a while, like we were sharing our minds with each other. I broke up our moment: 'we should head back. Or do you want to faint from starvation at the ceremony?' I joked, trying to get his mind on something else. We walked back down.

'There you are!' Nala walked up to us. She nuzzled her son, who was clearly nervous. 'Just eat. You'll be fine. Even your father sees you're ready. And then you've accomplished something!' She rolled her eyes at the last sentence. We smiled, before walking forward to eat.

Kopa's pov
We went to eat, but I couldn't get a single bite down my throat. I walked away. The biggest reason I was nervous, wasn't that I was going to be king of the pride lands, but because now Vitani and I were now also officially gonna be mates. Married. I couldn't care less about being king right now. 'Kopa...' Vitani walked up to me, burying her face in my mane. 'You should eat something.' She added, looking at me. I looked back at her. 'I-I... I can't. I've never been more nervous my whole life.' I answered, almost starting to cry. 'You'll do just fine as king.' She told me. I stared into her eyes, and she did in mine. 'It's not that what I'm nervous about. I couldn't care less about it. I'm scared. Scared I'll disappoint you...' I said, not looking at something else one second. She put her head under my chin, nuzzling me. 'You'll never disappoint me. And even if you do, I'll always love you. Just remember that.' She stated. 'I'll also always love you, my wise queen.' I answered, smiling at her. 'Now, go eat something before you faint!' She said, nudging me towards my family, who almost finished eating.

It was time. Time for our ceremony. I walked up to pride rock, seeing my brother and sister with Kovu and the rest of the pride at the bottom. They nodded at me, letting me know that they knew I was gonna be a good king. I took a deep breath. I wasn't so sure about that myself. Father walked up to me, mother and Vitani following close behind. He roared, and I joined in. Then Vitani and mother joined in, who just stood next to us. The rest of the pride joined in as well. It was already clear Vitani was gonna be my queen, so there was no speech needed. We walked towards the rocky steps, went down them, and joined the rest of the pride. I now wasn't only king, I was also Vitani's mate.

Vitani's pov
I nuzzled Kopa. 'Told ya it wasn't gonna be that bad.' I told him, while snuggling into his mane. 'I guess...' he answered. 'Well, your MAJESTY, now that you're king, we do have some things to discuss.' Kion walked up to us, making Kopa roll his eyes. 'He's right. You two need to work together, as king and leader of the lion guard.' Nala joined in. Kopa looked at me, not wanting to leave me. I nuzzled him: 'just go. It's your responsibility, and it's not like I'll die when you're not around or something like that.' I joked. He smiled, walking away with his brother.