Convincing is timeless

Vitani's pov
We now walked back to pride rock. We came past the cliff where Zira died. I put my head down, not showing my emotions. 'Vitani, are you okay?' Kopa asked me. 'I'm fine.' I said, without looking up. 'Alright, if you say so...' he then walked next to Nala, who was walking behind me, with a few lionesses in between. 'I guess she's not completely out off her shell...' I heard Nala whisper.

Kopa's pov
My mom whispered to me; 'I guess she's not completely out off her shell...' we looked at Vitani, who was walking with her head down. 'Yeah. I'll try to talk to her later. Right now I think she wants to be alone.' I whispered back. 'Don't mean to interrupt the conversation, but you're whispering quite loud. And I happened to overhear; that you're talking about Vitani. I think she's sad because we just walked past the cliff Zira died.' Kovu joined in. 'I still feel bad about that...' Kiara also joined in. 'Don't. You tried to save her. And Zira was pure evil.' Kovu nuzzled her. 'Sadly, Vitani thinks she is to...' I mumbled. 'What?! Ugh, that's something Vitani would do...' Kovu heard my mumbling.

We now had been back at pride rock for a while, and Vitani headed off into the pride lands, to think. I wanted to run after her, but I knew that wouldn't help her. I needed to give her some space. I paced around, with my head looking at the ground, not seeing Kovu, who walked up to me. 'Wow, you're really worried about Vitani. You've been pacing for a while now.' He confirmed. 'I just- I guess... I just don't get how she could think that she's an evil monster. Or how I could make her stop thinking that...' I replied, stopping with pacing. 'You know, something tells me about her look that it's not only that... she doesn't mind talking about being an outlander. And I feel like she tries to avoid me. I don't know why, maybe because I always protected her, even though she's older then me.' He stated. 'I'll try to talk to her. I feel like she's cropping emotions up, and I don't want her to hurt herself.' I ran off, following Vitani's tracks.

Vitani's pov
I was back in the former outlands. How can Kovu live a normal life, after how we grew up here? How can he accept all the attention and love so easily? Isn't he scared he'll disappoint them? Isn't he scared he'll turn evil again? Is he even scared? Is he the same? The thoughts kept going through my head, fighting for my total attention. 'What are you doing here?' I immediately knew who it was; Kopa. 'This is where I belong...' I answered. 'No you don't. Nobody does. At least until the plants grew back to normal.' He pointed at the growing plants. Flowers were starting to grow. 'Vitani, you know you can tell me anything. What's going on in your mind?' Kopa asked me, sitting down next to me. 'Everyone has just been so nice and stuff. They all accepted me so easily, basically as a family. Nala started to see me as her daughter, and then I felt a feeling I never felt before; a motherly love. They accepted me and Kovu so easily into their family. Ok, well maybe Simba Kovu not as much. But the rest did. But I still felt evil inside of me. I still do. I was scared I'd disappoint them. And why did I follow in Zira's paw-prints for so long? She tried to kill you!' I started crying, and buried my face in Kopa's mane. 'Well, you won't disappoint them easily. You know, you once told me; they'd be happy that you're alive and back. When I was scared they'd be disappointed. And you didn't do anything wrong. I ran away for a year. They weren't disappointed in me, so why would they be in you? You didn't know any better then to follow in Zira's paw-prints back then. Nobody judges you for that.' He smiled at me, as I looked up at him, tears streaming down my face. 'But I'm evil.' I started crying again, and buried my face in his mane again. 'You aren't evil, Vitani. And I'll keep telling you until you believe it. Like I said, you didn't know better. You were trained to kill since you were a cub. You can't help it. Nobody will ever blame you for that. And if they will, they'd have to meet my little friends at their neck.' He showed his claws. We cuddled together, until it was time for dinner.