Chapter 2 - Michael🌙

I couldn't believe my eyes. The moment I saw that flaming red hair, I just knew it was her. My body itched with anticipation. I urged silently with my eyes for her to look up at me. When my father pulled me aside, I still couldn't keep my eyes off from her.

"Who is that woman?" I looked back in her direction.

"That is the new girl. Her name is Laurel." Her father stated, still not understanding.

Clear confusion swarm in my mind. She was not Laurel! I knew that for a fact. She was the damn woman who plagued my dreams almost every damn night and I don't even know why. I still remember our last encounter.

I still remember that kiss...

"That isn't Laurel. I know her, father. Her name is Misha and she is a healer." I replied back calmly.

My father looked up in surprised and towards Misha. "B-but how do you know this? She doesn't remember a single thing. She doesn't even know she's a werewolf."

"What do you mean? She doesn't remember who she is?" I asked, clearly surprised now.

"No. She had no clue who she was or where she was. We took her in because she was of no threat to us." My father responded.

I remained silent. My eyes looked Misha over from head to toe. This woman in front of me was definitely her. There was no mistaking it.

"I made my choice." The corner of my lip lifting up.

My father's eyes narrowed on me, "What?"

"I want her as my personal attendant." I announced.

My father's eyes widened, "If you told me she is a healer—we shouldn't continue to treat her as an omega. Son, she should be told about this as soon as possible. Having a healer within a pack is a plus! This will make our pack strong-"

"Nobody says anything." I growled, a surge of anger flashing through me.

"What? Why? What do you have against her?" He asked me suspiciously.

Truth be told, I have nothing against her. I just wanted to know this person when she doesn't know who she was. Was it wrong of me? Probably.

I walked passed the many omegas until I stood right in front of her. Her scent was still the same; cinnamon and sweet maple syrup. I wanted to laugh at my current situation. I guess my stay here wasn't going to be so bad. I had someone to entertain me. Someone who has been bugging me for the past year.

"Look at me." I spoke gruffly. I saw her shudder before she hesitantly look up. Those familiar pair of aquamarine colored eyes peered up from underneath her long lashes. Grinding my teeth I fought back the familiar protective instinct in me.

When I first met Misha at Alpha Natalya's territory, I never would have thought another woman can make me feel anything again. Misha was like a broken puzzle. I felt a connection with her. It wasn't a mate bond. My mate had already died but it didn't stop me from feeling protective towards her.

"Alpha." She greeted me.

I smirked, "I like the sound of that on your lips."

Her eyes widened in surprise. There was no recognition that reflected in her irises. She didn't know who I was.

"You will be my personal attendant and your duty starts now. Follow me." Ignoring previous traditions where I will choose my beta. I spun on my feet and walked towards the stairs. My hands collapsed behind my back. I can hear her little feet following me. My father tried to halt me but decided against it.

I walked up the familiar stairs to the second-floor landing. Everything in this place was still the same. Nothing has changed. The gold sheer tapestries and the Armenian rugs matched complimented each against the oak flooring. When we were near my bedroom door, I halted in my steps. I felt her crashing into my back. I turned around to give her a piece of my mind only to see her flat on her butt.

I arched an eyebrow silently. She scrambled onto her feet. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there."

I snorted before shaking my head in amusement. When she peeked up from underneath her eyelashes I realized I hadn't said anything. The smile on my lips slipped off and I cleared my throat.

"Watch where you are going." I said a little too harshly.

I walked to my door and opened it before walking inside. I heard her stop outside the door way. I grabbed the hem of my t-shirt while speaking.

"I hope you don't think to stand in the door way while you take orders from me." I snapped.

A few more pattering footsteps before the door slammed closed. I grinned into my t-shirt while lifting it over my head. My back was turned to her. When I got the shirt off, I threw it on the bed and turned to look at her.

I caught those eyes eyeing my body before it could look back down. I decided not to say anything. I walked over to the closet and grabbed a couple of clothes to change into.

"Uh, sir—Alpha, I am not sure what exactly you want me to do? Is there something I could help you with?"

I came out of the closet carrying my change of clothes before walking over to stand in front of her. "I need you to go retrieve the rest of my luggage that is out front. Bring it back inside and unpack it."

"But isn't this job more suited for a male-"

"Are you questioning me, Laurel?" I threw back at her. She shook her head.

"Of course not, Sir—Alpha." She stuttered.

"Good. Then see to it that you complete it before I finish my shower." I ordered.

I walked into the bathroom and began taking off my pants and boxers. When I heard my bedroom door closed, I looked into the mirror. I found that I was smiling. The smile left my face and I shook away the emotion that was building up inside of me.

She was nobody. I walked into the shower and turned on the water. I moved underneath the falling water and closed my eyes.

She was a nobody that I couldn't keep my mind off from but that didn't mean I care. In fact, it was nice to have a Misha who couldn't remember. However, it didn't make me think about what happened. I wondered what caused her to forget her past. She didn't even know who she was.

I made a mental note to ask her these questions. The curiosity won me over. After a year of dreaming about her, it was pleasant to see those ruby full lips again. I remembered earlier how it quivered while she stammered. My gut clenched with desire.

"She's nobody." I muttered and washed my hair.

I remember that night at Alpha Natalya where I held a drunk Misha in my arms. The way she was weeping had my gut churning. I don't know how to handle crying woman. She was drunk out of her mind and I pitied her. That's why I carried upstairs to her bedroom and held her all night. That's why I couldn't bring myself to leave her side when she asked me to stay.

I only pitied her.

After washing my hair, I moved onto washing my body. My mind again wondering back to how Misha's body was wrapped around mine while I held her to sleep. Even with our clothes on then, I knew the damn woman had the plumpest breasts I know.

"Damn it." I growled. I was going on very dangerous ground and I feel my body responding to those memories.

I turned the water to cold and remained under the numbing water for a full five minutes before shutting it off and stepping out. I dried myself and pulled on a pair of new boxers and jeans before pulling on a fresh and clean t-shirt. My hair was still damp when I walked out of the bathroom. I noticed the closet light was not on.

Did she already finish?

I walked over to the closet to see that she hadn't even step foot inside the closet. The woman hasn't even returned. Growling in anger, I headed downstairs in search of the red head. My orders were clear. She was to unpack my luggage and put my things away before I was done showering. Making my way out the pack house door, ignoring the looks being thrown at me I went in search of Misha.

I'll teach this little healer of mine a thing or two in taking care of me.