Chapter 23 - Misha

A/N

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking – it seems that placing mature chapters on private is even more confusing to my readers than putting it in a separate book even though the majority of the votes asked for it to be in the same book. I'm pulling at the roots of my hair now. I want to satisfy Wattpad guidelines but I also don't want to make this difficult for you.

Therefore, I'm just going to place mature chapters into my books. If you don't like it then skip it. Fair enough?

And if you are expecting for me to place it on private or move it to another book – stop. Most of my books are with characters above the age of 18 which means they are considered adults. There will be sexual content in my books. The end. *wipes sweat from forehead*

--

On a better A/N or update – I want to thank those who thought of me while nominating in The Fictions Award 2018 werewolf category. I am absolutely grateful that you enjoyed my book and considered it for nomination. There are millions of other awesome werewolf writers and although I don't see myself winning I am absolutely grateful that I was considered for the werewolf category.

Back to the story-

Leila Vy

~~

I woke up to a cold bed. I knew immediately that Michael was gone. The pack house was again extremely quiet and an eerie feeling tugged in my chest. I slipped on my clothes on and walked out of the bedroom.

Not a single soul roaming the hallways and it wasn't even passed eight. However, I did see a guard by Michael's door. The minute he saw me his hand came up to stop me.

"You are not to leave the room." He ordered.

My eyebrows furrowed immediately, "What happened? Where is the Alpha?"

The guard looked stressed and panicked. Something was definitely wrong. I slapped his hand away and attempted to march down the hall. The guard immediately latched onto my elbow and pulled me back.

"The Alpha gave specific orders. You are to remain in the room." He ordered, he looked around his late thirties.

"I'm not staying here. There is no reason to keep me here. I will just be going-"

"It is not safe, Healer. You need to-"

"I get it!" I shouted, exasperated. "Don't say another word unless you are going to tell me something different. What I want to know is what the hell happened? Why am I being ordered to stay in the room? The pack house is completely silent. There isn't a single sound and usually around this time everyone is either dinner or heading to bed."

The guard sighed and with his spare hand rubbed his chin, "There was another attack. The last I heard, Alpha ran out to help contain the threat. Beta Josef ordered me to remain by your door and protect you. Then he left after Alpha."

"How long were they gone? Why wasn't I informed?" I demanded, while everything was going on, I was sleeping soundly. I felt useless.

"They have been gone for three hours now going on four." Even the elite guard in front me couldn't hide his concerns. I knew he knew something was wrong.

"That is way too long, isn't it?" I asked.

He nodded slowly and hesitantly, "An attack shouldn't be hard to contain unless something has changed."

It was then downstairs flood with noise. People shouting and screaming. Others were wailing. I pushed the elite guard by surprise and ran down the hall. He called out my name and chased after me. I ran down the steps as fast as I can and went flying straight into Beta Josef's arm. He looked horrible. The claw marks on his body – he looked bloodied and pale. Immediately, I looked behind him for Michael.