Chapter 8 - Misha🌙

The weather outside this past few days were colder now. There was a certain chill in the sky and the leaves have begun to turn to their autumn shades and hues. At night, it was even chillier and the smell of crisp after rain basked in the air. Since Michael's arrival home in these past couple of weeks, I haven't had a chance to talk to Donna.

Michael had kept me persistently at his side. After sweeping in and finishing most of my duties, I made my way into the kitchen to see the old woman. She smiled when she saw me.

"I don't think I have ever seen you this happy, Donna." I remarked.

Her smile turned into a scowl, "Yea, well don't get used to it, child."

I walked around the kitchen counter and hugged her tightly, "I missed you!"

She swatted my arms away before huffing. She leaned forward and continued kneading her dough in front of her. She looked like a child who was pouting. I gave her a sheepish grin.

"C'mon, don't get mad at me, Donna. You know it has been hard working for the Alpha's son."

Donna tsked into the air in disbelief, "The man looks at you like you're a dessert he likes to ravish."

My mouth snapped shut. The kiss we shared yesterday flowing into my mind. Why didn't she have to mention this? Shaking my head to throw my mind back on track I shrugged and plucked an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter.

"He doesn't like me." I explained. "I work for him. Obviously, that means I have to follow him everywhere."

And kiss him...touch him.

God! He had such a hard, chiseled back.

"I lived longer than you, Laurel. Understand when I tell you that Alpha Michael has his eyes on you." She pointed a flour dusted finger at me.

I scoffed before taking a bite out of my apple. She was crazy. Michael wasn't interested in me. He just has a weird way of ordering me around.

I had to admit though, my heart flutters like I was on a high each time I see his face. My palms sweat when he was near me. Each time he speaks in that thick brogue voice of his, I can't help but be soaking wet between my legs. If I could jump this man and ravish him without any consequences, I'll drag his ass behind a tree and have my way with him.

Michael wasn't pretty boy handsome. No way he wasn't. Michael was the rugged kind of handsome. His dark brown hair could use a little trim. His height and broad muscular shoulders are intimidating. If he wanted to crush me between his palms, I was pretty sure he could. Somehow though, I found everything about him made me even hotter inside. The need and desire for him only grew. Not to mention, that stubble beard only makes him even more sexy and dangerous. I find it hard to breathe around all that dominating presence.

I didn't realize I was zoning out into space until Sebastian's face appeared in front of me. I blinked and looked down at the half-eaten apple in my hand.

"What was the look in your eyes?" Sebastian asked.

"What?" I asked and averted my gaze.

"It looked like you were thinking about something very dirty." Sebastian whispered with a smirk. He leaned in closer to me, trapping me between his arms.

"What are you doing?" Donna slapped his arm.

He cowered away from Donna with a sly grin, "Why wooing the lady, of course."

"Lay off from Laurel, you halfwit." Donna snapped like a mother protecting her child.

Sebastian chuckled and sneakily grabbed my wrist before twirling me into his chest. My back was firmly pressed against his front. His lips mere inches away from my neck. I can feel his breath slowly brush against my skin.