Chapter 7 - Michael🌙

It has been several days since me almost kissing Misha in my bedroom. I had ordered Josef to scout the area that Misha was found as well as the area that she woke up on. If I heard correctly from the guards that found her at the edge of town, Misha woke up a mile away from Alpha Rayne's border. Alpha Rayne was a quiet and discrete Alpha. Her territory was several hundred miles away from our territory though. That must mean that Misha had been running for a long time for her to reach our border.

Josef walked into the room. I chose him because when he passed the challenge and had to challenge me. He did it with all he could. Of course, he didn't win the fight but he was a damn good fighter. I sense the respect and loyalty from him. His dossier reflected his accomplishments within the pack, status, and past.

Josef was a few years older than me but the man was almost as tall as me. Years of laboring and training outside, our skin wasn't pale or soft, quite the opposite. Dark and scarred. Josef was laid back and detail oriented at his position which are good traits of a beta.

I was in the middle of finishing up the papers I was signing giving pack members privilege to travel outside our territory when my door swung open. Josef walked in and sat down. I sat my work down knowing that he came with a report of what I asked him to look for.

"What did you find out?" I asked.

"It is very hard to trace activity that has happened a year ago. Scents, signs of struggle, and blood are all gone." Josef sighed as he leaned forward to prop his arms on the desk.

I knew that already. I just wanted to see if there was any weird activity going on around that land. I decided not to say anything and let Josef continue his report.

"The land is guarded and protected by the human government. Whatever it was that chased her stopped the minute she crossed over. According to her story, we traced her back to a small stream on the land. Our trackers did some sniffing around and found this-"He pulled out a heart shaped silver necklace.

I took it from him and unlocked the heart to see two couples. The woman looked very much like Misha. So, she was there.

"Anything else?" I asked, slipping the necklace into my desk drawer.

"The guards that found her said that her clothes were dirty and torn. When we arrived at the stream and found the necklace we continued further into the territory. We found a piece of rag that was very close to the border of Alpha Rayne." Josef answered without hesitation.

"It could be anybody's." I stated.

"That's what we first thought until we saw blood stains on there. The shirt is too old but the scent of the blood stuck onto the rag. We were able to identified that it was Laurel's blood on the rag." Josef added which sparked my interest. She was close to Alpha Rayne's land and if she was why didn't she cross over and seek sanctuary? Why did she venture further into the human territory?

"Did you mask your scents before returning?" I asked.

He nodded. "No one will know we were there."

Humans won't be able to smell us but we had to make sure that the person that had hurt Misha wasn't still looking for her. If they caught our scent, they might head our way. It was a fight I will not be prepared for. I needed to know further who this person was.

"Ok, keep your eyes open. Any trespassers seeking entrance to our territory will past through me first before letting them enter." I ordered. "Make it known that we are not accepting any new members or visitors until I figure out what the hell happened to Laurel."

Josef nodded but didn't move. He was curious about my inquiry and blind search. I sighed and rubbed my temple.

"Laurel isn't Laurel."