Chapter 22 - Michael

**If you do not see Chapter 21 - It is private to keep everything PG-13. In order to see the mature content, you will have to follow me and add the book to your library. If you skipped step one - delete my book, log out, log back in and repeat the steps. **

I woke up to someone knocking on the bedroom door. The sun was setting. I glanced over at the clock and it read 5:15. Turning slowly to not wake up Misha, I got out of bed and pulled on a pair of denim pants from one of the drawers from my closet before walking to the door.

Josef looked me up and down. I'm pretty sure he saw all the scratched marks that Misha inflicted on my body from our heated sessions today. However, he paid no mind to it. Instead, I saw that he wore a very stressed look. I moved forward and closed the door behind me, keeping Misha asleep and away from what I was about to hear.

"Sorry to interrupt, Alpha, but there is another attack happening right now on the edge of town near the roller blade hang outs. A lot of teen pups got seriously injured in their attempt to flee. A few shifted teen pups tried fighting but are seriously injured. Our pack warriors arrived on seen fifteen minutes ago and are still fighting the unknown intruders." Josef described.

"Mercenaries?" I asked, my fists balled at my side.

Josef nodded, "Yes, many of them."

"Damn it. Send someone to guard Misha's door. I need an elite warrior on the door. No one gets in and no one gets out. Misha is to remain inside the room. Once you complete that task, meet me there." I ordered harshly, feeling an extreme heighten of fear and frustration.

Fear because I knew that they were attacking the pack again for a reason. That reason was sleeping in my room soundly. I pray to Moon Goddess that everything will be fine as I dashed down the hall, stairs, and out the door, shifting the moment I hit the outdoors. My paws hitting the ground without missing a beat. I ran with great speed towards the attack.

Upon arriving on the scene, many bodies laid on the grass of the roller blade rink and the street of my town. I growled and moved to attack a large black wolf who was on top of a female wolf, trying to kill her with a bite to the neck. I clawed at his throat, ripping it to shreds in an instant. He howled into the air before he gurgled his blood and fell to the ground.

Many wolves whipped their heads in my direction. I tore through three to four wolves before more began attacking. My pack warriors have formed a formation around me and the threat was fighting their way in.

The blatant attack was clear. They were coming for me but why? I pushed through and fought with my pack warriors. Josef came barreling in and chewed off several heads of wolves. He fought his way through but was soon tackled down by five other wolves who surrounds him. Their head lowered in a threatening stance and their lips pulled back to bare their canines. They weren't letting him through to help. He was the next strongest wolf to me and the mercenary wolves knew it.

One of them jumped and pounced on Josef. Josef fell the ground and thrashed, trying to throw the wolf off his body. The wolf tried to get a strong lock on Josef for a swift kill but Josef managed to throw him off. Another came at him and swiped his claw causing a horrible claw gash through his midsection. I heard Josef's whimper in the air. I turned towards other pack warriors and demanded through a bark for them to help Josef.

A few broke their formation of protecting me and headed in that direction. It was a long fight and almost seen never ending. The number of wolves that entered into the territory this time-they came prepared.

The now popular hangout of the town was riddled with blood and dead bodies. The growls and snarls of wolves fighting can be heard through the air. My pack warriors fought long and hard. They refused to give up and killed many mercenary wolves. With the amount of pack warriors that I knew lost today, I also knew my pack warriors more than doubled it with our attackers.

It seemed like forever of ripping and tearing into skins. More pack warriors came to defend while the others stayed behind to protect the families and pups. I knew that after tonight if I survived, there will so much to do.

I let out a loud growl ordering my pack warriors to kill. Take no prisoners. It seemed to push my pack warriors even more and they continued to push through the mass amount of wolves that were attacking.

I clawed, ripped, chewed off many wolves head, protecting my pack warriors as much as possible. Josef managed to free himself from the mercenary wolves and was helping nearby.

It was dark outside now and I knew we were fighting longer than what we are normally used to. I wasn't sure if we could continue at this rate but the mercenary wolves weren't giving up. It was then a new pack of mercenary wolves appeared. I sensed a shift in the battle. The mercenary wolves that were attacking seemed to have pulled back slightly. A group of ten large wolves stood on the streets. Three of them not shifted and one of them had a gun pointing at me.

I knew right away who it was. The leader.

He works a cocky smirk and I ran towards him. The gun sets off and Josef jumps in front of me. He fell the ground, breathing heavy. I stopped in my tracks the minute he fell. I roared with anger. The mercenary wolves attacked my pack warriors and none of them were close enough. This was my chance to end this. If I could kill the leader, I end this crazy attack.

I ran and dodged the bullets. I was so close until I felt pain shooting through my shoulders. I whimpered and fell to the ground. I growled and pushed myself up again and another bullet flew and hit my hind legs. I growled in pain.

"Biggest Alpha wolf I have ever seen. C'mon now. Knock out. Don't make this harder than it should be, Alpha Michael. Give up." The leader grinned evilly, pointing a gun at me.

Something was happening. My body was shifting without me controlling it. I was losing my wolf. I laid on the ground in my human skin. Tired and exhausted. I couldn't move my body nor shift back to my wolf.

He walked up to me and kicked my face to the side and then sent another kick to my stomach. I wanted flying from my side to my back. My chest immediately felt tight, like it was hard to breathe. Fvcker must have broken my rib.

He waved his hand in the air, "Carry him. As much as I would enjoy killing him, we need him alive."

I felt myself being lifted into the air and slung over a shoulder. My hide exposed for everyone to see. Someone threw a blanket over me and we sped away. I watched from behind my pack warriors fighting hard to get to me. I watched Josef growling and snarling, killing multiple mercenary wolves but the scene before was slowly getting smaller and smaller as we went further and further away.

I was awake through the whole thing. We were about 15 to 20 miles out when the ten mercenary wolves who captured me slowed down. I heard the light footsteps of their feet crunching against the earthy ground. Tree branches snapped and soon they stopped.

"Took you long enough, Ibraham." A woman's voice came from behind me.

"The bastard took out more than half of my team. I didn't sign up for this. I expect a heavy sum for all your dirty work. If the wolves I left behind were not dead when I left, they are more than likely dead now. We covered our tracks good. His pack won't be able trace him."

"Oh stop it with your whining." The woman snapped and I heard movements and the smell of money hitting the air. "Here is extra compensation for all you have done. He is not dead, is he? I asked for him alive."

"I gave the Alpha a few bruises here and there but he is alive." Ibraham's voice answered cockily. I wanted to rip his throat and made a silent promise that he won't live once I am free.

I was tossed onto the ground. My eyes adjusted to the new line of scenery. Alpha Rayne appeared above me, a slow evil grin appearing on her face. Her body marred with scars and tattoos. Her black hair swiftly pulled back into a bun.

"Alpha Michael, how nice to see you again. Come, we have much to discuss." She waved her hand and one of her guards came over to carry me.

I wish whatever sedatives they gave me will wear off by now. I wanted to very much to kill the two werewolf leaders in front of me. The blood lust of my wolf and I were growling with anger and rage.

Alpha Rayne muttered something to a guard who walked over to me and with one swift aim, knocked me unconscious.