CHAPTER TEN

Books are like a mirror. If an ass looks in,you can't expect an angel to look out.
-Arthur Schopenhauer
------------------------------------------------------

I unlocked the door to my apartment. My living room consisted of a couch opposite to the TV,a table with a single chair where I usually studied in my college years and last but not least my rocking chair that faced the window covered by white curtain.

My Favourite place in the house would be by the window that overlooks the wide green park.I would be sitting in my rocking chair,rocking back and forth on nights I couldn't sleep.

The living room was messy. It looked like Haiti after earthquake. It was that chaotic.There was a blanket on the couch from a few nights ago,chocolate wrappers on the floor and the table was covered with papers,plates from breakfast and a coffee mug.

Gosh! I should really clean up!

I dragged myself to my bedroom and dropped the heel on the floor,and my purse onto my bed. I changed from my work attire into sweatpants and a t-shirt,freeing my hair from the tight bun.

I looked in the mirror as my black curly hair cascaded down my back almost reaching my hip.Then my eyes shifted to a picture on the nightstand. It was a photo of me smiling a toothless smile when I was 7 years old and in the left side of me was a boy with chubby cheeks,black hair matted to his forehead-almost covering his grey eyes-and he was laughing with his mouth wide open.

Our hand was intertwined and we were wearing the same necklace. The necklace was of a butterfly with my name initials on his ,and his initials on mine. I was really excited that day,as I received his gift; the necklace.

I placed my hand on my neck to feel it bare.I looked at my neck through the mirror to check if I really lost the necklace and it was indeed not there.

I can't lose this necklace! I am sure it is here somewhere.

I thought as I frantically searched through the drawers,on my bed,inside my purse, under my bed .but I couldn't find it so I moved to my living room determined to find that necklace.

I searched in every place I could think of in the living room and in the kitchen too. My eyes were starting to well up with tears of frustration.

How could I be so careless?!how could I lose it?I only take it off when I shower.

The bathroom!

I rushed to get to the bathroom and there it was on the sink. My treasure, my necklace. I cried the welled up tears but they weren't tears of frustration,rather of an extreme happiness.

I picked it up and held it close to my beating heart,relief flooding over me. I couldn't stop crying even though I found it. The thought of losing it scared me too much.

It was the only tangible thing I have left of him and was my rock during my times at the orphanage. It is too meaningful and precious to lose. I quickly put it on and swore never to be so careless.

The only thought running through my mind as I washed my tear stained face was I had to sleep. I didn't feel like eating and didn't care if it was still day.

I went to my bed and put my purse on the nightstand. I got under the comforter and stared at my necklace ,the initials engraved on the butterfly in cursive writing.

L.C

This was my good luck charm for years and I didn't wear it today. Maybe that is why I got so
unlucky .

Killian?

He is a bad luck.
------------------------------------------------------
Oh! Look who updated!
I finished my exams so I thought of updating and woah guys! 500 reads?! Thank you and love you guys so much!
This story is dedicated to all of my fantastic and awesome readers for supporting me to get to this stage!
A big thank you to my old and new friends who helped me! You know who you are!❤

Vote if you liked this chapter and feel free to comment!

Silent readers, I am watching you!

Xael Smith✌