Father!Ryu x Mother!Reader

Note: So this was from a while ago.

Like...two years ago while.

But I edited it a little and decided to publish it.

ENJOY!

You groaned as you rolled over in your bed expecting a warm body to be laying next to you. When you didn't feel any warmth you felt around the space but all you could feel was cold sheets. You finally opened your eyes and saw it was true that no one was sleeping beside you.

"Ryu?" You groaned sitting up.

His ninja suit was still draped on a chair and his weapons were still hanging on the wall. You pulled the sheets back and slipped your legs out letting blood flow back to them for a few seconds before standing up. You said you feet into comfy slippers before shuffling to the door. 

You knew where he had to be and went down the hall to the nursery using your ninja skills to silently creep. When you were outside the door you very quietly opened it and smiled at what you saw.

Your husband Ryu was standing next to your daughter cradle, but your infant daughter was resting in his arms.

His hands were very gently stroking her back. The same hands that brutally slaughtered thousands but yet could cradle an infant with the gentleness, softness, and tenderness of a true loving father.

You smiled as he gently stroked her back and hummed softly. At night Ryu sometimes had times where "guiltmares" as you decided call them, that would over take him and he needed comfort.

He originally got comfort from you but now he gets comforted by your baby girl that seemed to scare the darkness away with her toothless smile. She looked so much like her father and had inherited his neon green eyes, bravery, intelligence, and nose but she had your hair and skin tone.

You stepped forward and Ryu looked towards you as if you were an enemy. One thing for sure was that Ryu was as protective of your daughter as a mother alley cat to her kits.

When he noticed it was just you he relaxed and smiled gently hushing and apologizing to (Daughter's Name) who was whimpering out of worriment.

"Another guiltmare?" You whispered walking in.

He nodded and gently cradled your child who was resting her head on his beating heart. He very gently kissed her head and you smiled touching his hand resting on her neck.

You gently brushed her chubby cheek as she slept. (Daughter's Name) was only dic months old but it felt like she was already two years old with how much she was growing.

Taking care of her was no easy task but according to other villagers she was a simple baby. She hardly ever cried, loved to imitate sounds, especially loved to blow bubbles, and actually started to jabber in her baby language.

She even smiled and giggled at everyone and was very smart and social for a baby.

"I love our beautiful daughter. I can tell she will grow up to become a strong, independent woman." Ryu said softly.

"I know she will become an amazing Kunoichi one day." You said.

Ryu chuckled and you rested your head on his shoulder gently rubbing your thumb on his muscular bicep. You looked down at your little girl her noticing her hair was thicker than yesterday and her eyelashes were longer and thicker too.

You gently kissed your husband's cheek and smiled at him.

You and her were the light in Ryu's dark heart, helping him become human again and realizing just how much being a human is better. The clan also loved the new addition to the village especially the young trainees like Sanji who would make faces to get her to laugh.

(Daughter's Name) would laugh at anything though.

Ryu was so protective of her he only allowed few others to hold her. He only let Sanji and Sakura hold her if he or she was sitting down.

(Daughter's Name) suddenly opened her eyes revealing her neon green eyes that were growing brighter everyday. She made a whimper sound clearly upset that she was awakened—probably from a bad dream.

Ryu smiled and gently tapped her cute little button nose. The baby giggled and smiled revealing her toothless gums.

He gently kissed her head and she looked up at him innocently not understanding why her father was giving her so much attention and love as if this was his last time he got to hold her.

He took her tiny hand and smiled at her natural instinct to curl her hand around his finger.

"Better now?" You asked.

Ryu nodded and she yawned wanting to go back to sleep now. As soon as her eyes closed she was in a deep sleep yet again.

Ryu held back a yawn as well and very gently placed her back in her cradle. You took his hand entwining both your fingers before taking him back to the bedroom.

The both of you crawled under the covers and you felt Ryu wrap his arms around your waist placing his chin on your shoulder.

"Thank you for coming into my life. If I never met you . . . I wouldn't have (Daughter's Name) in my life and I would be drenched in sins."

You turned your head and gently kissed his lips for a couple seconds, "Your always too serious. Even when its time to sleep, but that's why I love you."

He smirked and gently kissed your shoulder, "I love you too."

After a couple minutes you both drifted off into dreamland. Ryu's dreams this time were about his family.

He was sitting in a field of flowers watching as (Daughter's Name) as a young, innocent child made daisy chains. She ran over to him giggling and he picked her up lifting her high into the air making her squeal.

He kissed you and placed his arm around your waist well she rested on his side. A monster wouldn't have a family, much less a child. This proved Ryu wasn't a monster.

He was a father and a ninja....