Anxious Thoughts Ryu Hayabusa x Reader

Note: I wrote this beginning and end of having an anxiety attack. Writing always helps me cope with the stress especially of going back to school after so long.

But it helps me so...

ENJOY!

You knew this was coming.

You knew it would.

Every single god damn Sunday you'd have an attack knowing school was bound to be right around the corner. Your eyes stung, breathing became harder, and you felt irritable and restless.

You had decided to move around a little, perhaps a little pacing or cleaning would help you calm.

Just focusing on the now instead of being on your phone or watching the TV.

Just focus on the now.

Focus on the current situation.

Yet that voice in the back of your head argued differently.

Think about the stress, the anxiety you'll face, the negativity, possibly even no sleep tonight.

Sure enough your chest felt tighter. You lifted your shirt and took off your bra, but your breathing felt the same.

You could feel your pulse rising as your heart thudded against your sternum painfully.

"Please! Just stop!" You pleaded to your mind.

Your fingers felt cold and tingly, your hands twitching. The adrenaline coursing through you heightening your senses. Your throat tightened, it was hard to swallow your saliva.

You struggled to catch a breath as your legs trembled.

"(Name)?"

You looked over your shoulder and saw it was Ryu. He was gazing at you with concern noticing you seemed a bit stressed.

"I'm good. I'm good. I'm okay...right?" You said.

You clutched your arms. You felt cold, shivering. Was it cold?

"You're struggling to breathe." He noted.

"Ah...eh, I am aren't I?" You chuckled nervously.

"I just need to go to the bathroom. It's fine, I'm fine, I'm okay!" You repeated to yourself seemingly blind of his presence.

In the bathroom your anxiety worsened, the cars outside were incredibly loud. The pipes creaked startled you. The counter of the sink was freezing.

Focus on the now.

Not school.

Now.

School will be fine. I know that! So then why?! WHY?!

Tears gushed from your eyes, unable to hold them back any longer. Your breathing worsened.

Ryu cautiously stepped in, your grip on the sink turning your knuckles pale.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." You repeated, trying to hide your tears.

You didn't want to cry in front of Ryu.

Remember what your therapist says!
Take those deep breaths, remember? Keep happy thoughts.

Yet as you tried to breathe you found the oxygen in the room was constricting.

You felt nauseous.

"(Name), you are not okay. What's wrong?" He questioned.

"School. I just-school."

"Why is school causing this?" He asked.

"Everything. The waking up early, the walking around, lack of freedom, having to do work, the grades, the people, they all judging me and being so fucking loud and annoying! All of it is so-!" You gritted your teeth.

You HATED school.

The teachers! The system! The drama! The social anxiety! The walking! How you can't do anything except work!

The only good things was seeing your friends but not even recalling seeing your friends was helpful in clearing the gloom.

"I'm sorry-" You choked, the tears gushing too much for you to handle.

"What do you have to be sorry about?" He questioned.

"I just wish I wasn't like this! I wish I was just carefree!" You nearly shouted.

You were angry at yourself, irritated.

Hopefully the snow storm would help.  The snow storm will cause a delay. School will be shorter.

Will there be a delay?

There is a chance.

How about a day off?

Would your father allow it?

Would you get any sleep?

Sleep seemed impossible right now.

Your legs collapsed on you and you nearly fell onto the rug. Ryu caught you and brought you to the living room. You curled in on yourself struggling to get a single breath.

Ryu knelt down in front of you and took your trembling hands into his own. His hand gripped yours in an assuring way to let you know you were safe.

"Just breathe. Okay. Think about it, all those kids coming back to school as well? Seeing all your friends in all your classes? Think of them. How you get to...hug them after not seeing them in so long? Think of how happy you were just a few days ago with them." He said softly.

You nodded.

That's right. Your friends were there to make school fly by, when the teachers were being strict from a bad day, to help you with a problem, to calm you down.

They were there for you.

They always are.

Just like Ryu.

You nodded and lifted your teary head up with a fragile smile.

"Thank you Ryu." You hugged him and he smiled wrapping his arms around you as well.

He kissed your temple as he continued to hold you.

Slowly but surely you calmed down and the next day everything was fine.

By the time you arrived to B period you were eagerly greeting your friends and smiling.

All was well...