George

Sounds of clashing metal cut through the wind's current, drifting to where Sun sat

Sounds of clashing metal cut through the wind's current, drifting to where Sun sat. She'd been enjoying the quiet day ever since the king had left her standing in the garden. On her way back into the castle, her hangover began to trouble her and she found a quiet, unvisited bench on the far side of the castle grounds. She had gladly taken a seat and spent rest of the hour enjoying the morning view. And as the gentle breeze caressed her light blonde hair and cheeks, she dared not think of anything but the song of the blue jay that lived in the tree behind her cottage. She sang the tune soft enough that no one heard, and she allowed each note to soothe her troubled heart.

The king had suggested for her to deeply consider Prince Charming as her husband. That would also entail her being the next queen of Noch. The idea frightened her more than death, and she shuttered each time she thought about the possibility of it happening. 

She could admit to herself that the prince was indeed charming. She could imagine running her hands through his thick, light brown hair - some would even say it was a dirty blonde. And she could certainly see herself falling in love if given enough time alone with him. But she also knew what the curse said and she was too afraid to ruin the world than to imagine a happy life as a queen.

The sound of iron against iron crashed into her thoughts, and she became hyper aware of her surroundings. Yards away, on the back of the building, a battle had been waged. Sun stood up, following the sound. She rounded the side of the castle and headed toward the open field in the back of the castle. 

She paused at the sight of the two princes dueling and quietly ran to the side of the castle, hiding herself from view. Sun leaned against the flagstone, her heart raging inside of her chest. She didn't want to be caught, and yet she had a strong desire to watch them.

And so, Sun peered around the castle's edge, her eyes immediately taking in their bare chests and shimmering swords.

Crow's weapon sliced through the air, lethal and skilled. Christian blocked the blow with his own, but Crow had been too strong. Christian was on the ground within seconds, panting and frustrated.

"Again." Crow commanded, stretching his arms as Christian slowly rose to his feet. They were both muscular, both extremely attractive, but Sun couldn't help who her eyes were drawn to the most.

"Must we continue?" Prince Christian asked. He was covered in fresh sweat and his light brown hair stuck to his forehead. "We already know I won't beat you in battle."

"It's not about beating me, Christian. It's about knowing how to protect yourself. Again!" Crow didn't give Christian a chance to raise his sword before he struck out.

Christian managed to spin away from the blow and at the last minute, their swords collided, sending violent sparks into the air. Christian kicked out. Crow sidestepped him with ease. Their swords were raised again. Christian panted, his eyes filled with passion. Crow was calm and collected, his face revealing nothing.