Christian

The next few days were slow to pass, the hours sluggishly ticked away as if the sun didn't want to leave the horizon. And although the days drifted by without so much as a stir, enough time hadn't passed for Sun to become accustomed to her new living quarters.

It was the grandeur of the room, its absolute majesty that intimidated her. The ritzy gowns and rare jewels. The maids that aided to her every need. And deep down, Sun felt as if she didn't belong in the king's precious castle. She belonged in her cottage, her only companion being Grump.

She missed that big, sagging face and how he would flop down on her feet to keep them warm. She missed how he would always cuddle with her whenever he sensed she was upset. Sun hoped her father had at least thought about the dog and took him back to the farm. She'd send for him, if ever given the chance.

For three days, Sun stayed in her unwelcoming room, driving herself crazy as she overthought every situation. She'd been thankful she hadn't been beckoned by the king to attend events. She also took her meals in bed.

By the forth day, she hadn't been so lucky.

Sun crept along the left side of the passageway, staring out the windows lining the walls. Each pane painting a moving image of a beautiful spring day. Heaven's rays blessed the bare parts of her skin as she bathed in its light.

Today, her choice of jewelry was a simple pair of modest diamond earrings. She wore a gown the color of night, with star-like sparkles shooting across the fabric. Her hair bad been braided into a crown that sat atop her head like a halo. It bounced as she followed behind her maids.

Sun hadn't been told where she was going, no matter how much she pleaded with Alma and Velda. The women had kept tight lipped and determined as they ignored each attempt. Although Sun loathed surprises, a part of her was happy to be leaving her room. She'd had enough of sulking about.

The maids came to a stop near a simple, wooden door guarded by two knights. One of the men nodded at Alma and pulled the door open. The maids signaled for her to enter. Alone.

With a sign, Sun stepped into the room, jerking as the door pulled closed behind her. She was instantly attacked by bubbles.

Letting out a small yelp, she spun toward Prince Christian's beautiful face. He laughed at her shocked expression and held up the bottle of bubbles.

"Welcome to my playroom." His grin was playful and full of mischief as he stepped toward her. He was always graceful, always such a gentleman.

He held out a hand toward the room and nodded for her to explore.

With a small chuckle, Sun turned toward the expanse, her eyes filled with awe. She was standing in the middle of a toy land full of childish wonders.

There was a trainset built into the walls, traveling along the four corners, and on it, a steam train gushed smoke into the air as it journeyed. At one point, the railroad plummeted to the ground, going under a huge fish tank before chugging through the room again.

A corner of the room had a pirate theme, with a small, wooden ship built into the wall. Sun walked inside and sat down. Her hand rested on the red wheel as she focused on the wall's painting. It was a beautiful ocean, full of promise as if Christian had once spent many hours sailing through his imagination as a pirate.

When she turned to him, she took in the fake mustache that now decorated the bottom half of his face. He held a pirate knife in one hand, and the other was balled into a fist at his hip. "Captain Christian, at your service."

Sun laughed at the silliness of it, her eyes alight with true amusement. The pirate before her gleamed at the sight of her joy. "Happiness suits you."