Texas

"Viv, love, are you hungry?" I heard Zander's voice behind me and I looked back to him and nodded. "Blood bags are not so common here... but I did get you some." He took one from the cooler and waved it at me before watching me walk towards him.

"So, when do we leave?" I asked him as he put one arm around my hips and kept me tight against him as I opened the tube. I sucked and watched his eyes take on a red hue and I smiled and offered it to him but he shook his head before I took it back between my lips.

"We are leaving in just a couple moments, as soon as you are finished." He told me and I started to drink faster but as soon as I was done he handed me another bag and I licked my lips. "How are you feeling after last night?" He asked and ran a hand through my hair and I gulped.

"Still a little worried about what that witch did... but after I was with you, things feel normal." I told him and he nodded.

"Good. I know a vampire that has a lot of experience with Witches, I will call him up, he is an old friend." Zander told me and I just nodded and leaned into his shoulder as I finished the second bag in record time.

"Are you not going to feed?" I asked him and he gave me a small smile before leaning in and giving my lips a peck.

"Some of my guys made me feed yesterday after you escaped." He tossed the bag into the trash and grabbed some of my things before keeping me close to his body as we walked out of the room we had been waiting in. We walked out and I saw a lot of humans and vampires walking around and I was glad we were leaving at night.

It was already humid in NOLA, and it was only going to get hotter the farther into Texas we get. I wasn't looking forward to the heat, but Zander did say something about the joys of wearing less clothes. We got into the SUV and he was still driving. But it made sense since I had no idea where we were going.

I sat there, looking at the surrounding and when we stopped for actual food I walked into the Walgreens and grabbed a sketch pad and pencils before simple paints. Zander had given me a curious look but I had just winked and as we got back on the road, I started to draw.

It was an amazing view as the sun started to come up and I took to putting paint onto paper and when we got to the next stop, Zander started to look through all of my sketches.

"You didn't tell me you were this good." He challenged and I smiled slightly before leaning back.

"I usually just do dresses, or outfits... I haven't done landscapes in such a long time." I told him and thought back to drawing my old Villa in Italy.

"You could make a killing selling these Viv." He told me and I gave him a smile.

"Paul always told me to stick to my day job. Who would pay for a landscape like this?" I asked him with a laugh as I brought up the side of the road I had drew and he reached for it. He took it, looked it over before going for the sunrise one.

He smiled as he looked it over and reached into his pocket and took out a handful of money before counting out almost 250 and handing it to me. "I will." He told me and I just smiled as he started to put gas in the tank.

I put the money in his cup holder and started to draw Zander. I kept it hidden when he got back in and started to drive. I turned to face him, drawing him a couple different ways. Each way, getting closer to his face, getting more details into his eyes and in his hair and every aspect. His jaw turned more angular, his eyes more happy since I decided to draw them when he was trying to figure out what landscape I had decided on.

When he started the mile countdown to his home, I got comfortable. I turned back around, looking at all the extravagant homes in the area, loving the green grass, the fountains in the middle of the turnabouts, the kids playing.