Chapter 12

Ryuko POV
I wake up in a sewer of some sort. I stood up and walk through the sewer trying to find my way out. I hear a growl of some sort.

(A/N: The smart thing to do is walk far away from the sound, but we're explorers)

I walk to the sound and see a cage. I felt strange powerful chakra coming from the cage. I see a huge beast.

"Nine tails..." I whispered. "Come closer." The demon says. I do so and claws come at me. I jump away from the cage.

"If only I could kill you. Only I would die if you died." It says in a demonic voice. "I'm not dead? Then why am I here!" I yell.

"I gave you my chakra. If I didn't you would be already dead. I gave you only a small amount of my chakra." It says.

"Now leave!" All of a sudden I wake up coughing.

Wait I wasn't here a second ago. I was in a white room and I was wearing a hospital suit. "Ryuko!" I feel myself being hugged.

"Hey dobe stop she just woke up." I hear a familiar voice. Sasuke? I keep my eyes widen and turn my head slowly to Sasuke.

"Y-you're alive?" I ask tears starting to form in my eyes. "Yeah Ryuko it was crazy! I'll tell you all about it!" Naruto says.

"Ryuko? Why are you crying?" Naruto ask. "I-I I'm so happy that you all are alive. I thought you all died." I say covering my eyes.

I feel arms rap around me. "Naruto I-" "It isn't me Ryuko." I look at the shirt. Blue? "Sasuke?" I ask.

He backs away crossing his arms looking away. I swear I see a little blush on his cheeks. "Thanks for everything. I guess you're pretty strong." He says.

I smile and look to Sakura. She was sending death glares at me, but I didn't care. I was happy to be back with everyone. I was happy to be alive.

1 WEEK LATER

I left the hospital and was told to report to the Hokage's office because he called me in for a mission. I walk into his office and see Sasuke standing there as well.

"Good seeing you Ryuko." I nod at him. "You both are going on a C-class mission. You won't be back for about a week or so. You will leave tomorrow in the morning." He explained the mission to us.

We both have to guard the prince of the Mountain village. (Made it up) Apparently he was threatened my an anonymous source.

I left the office with Sasuke. "We leave tomorrow at 6:00 am sharp by the gate. Don't be late." He says walking. I nod at him and continue to walk with him.

When we walk out of the Hokage building we part ways. I walk to my apartment. As I was walking I thought that I should walk to the market to pick up a few groceries for Naruto and I.

I packed my groceries and walked to the register. "I'm not selling to you." The cashier says. "I have enough money for the food. Why can't you sell it?" "Because you're a little freak that's why!" The lady spit out.

"Now get out of my store before I make you!" She points out the door. I look down. I was about to walk out when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Kakashi sensei?" I look up at him. "I'll pay for the food." He says closing his one eye looking at me.

My eyes widen. Nobody's ever did that for me. He pays for my groceries and we walk out the store.

"Kakashi sensei I have the money to pay you back." I was taking out the money when he touches my hand. "You don't have to pay for it. This is a reward for the last mission." He says.

He puts a hand on the top of my head as I look up at him. "Well bye. Hope you and Sasuke do good on your mission." With that he walks away.

I turn to watch him walk away. I touch my head and smile at him. I walk to the direction of my apartment.

"Naruto I'm home!" I say putting the groceries down. I get no answer. He must be out training. I say.

I put the groceries away and walk out the apartment to Ichiraku ramen shop. I probably should get Naruto something.

When I walk there I am greeted by Ichiraku. "Spicy pork ramen please." "Coming right up!" I wait for my food and put my head down.

As I wait for my food someone calls my name. "Ryuko?" I turn to see Sasuke standing in the entrance.

"Oh hey." I say in a low tone. I turn around and put my head back down.

"Here you are Ryuko." Ichiraku give me my food. "Thanks." I say. I was about to pay when a hand stops me. "I'll pay." Sasuke takes out his money.

"No it's fine really I can pay for it."  I say. "Look this is only because you saved my life nothing else alright?" He says.

I didn't feel like arguing so I said nothing else. I took my carry out and left the restaurant. "Hey!" Sasuke yells. I stop without looking back at him.

"Remember 6:00!" He says. I continue walking without acknowledging him. I smile. He payed for my food.

Thank you Sasuke.

*****
Not one of my best, but I try. I hope you all liked it at least. Remember we have to get to 45 VOTES in order for me to post my other book.

So COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE! See ya in the next chapter!