Chapter 16

Ever since the other mission at the Mountain village, Sasuke and I have been getting to know each other a lot better as comrades. Although I don't really think Sakura has liked it.

She's been interrupting our conversations, pushing me, or what not. But I don't really do anything. One day she's gonna learn to respect me. I'll let it run its course though.

Today we had to meet up with Kakashi sensei for something important. "Hey Ryuko come on! Maybe we could get some ramen after!" Naruto tried to hurry me up.

"Alright I'm coming." I reassured him. I start leaving to the training ground. "Hey Naruto, have you seen my bracelet? I haven't been able to find it ever since the last mission with Tazuna." I ask him.

"No, you probably just left it there. Just send a letter to Tazuna and ask if he's seen it around." I nod and look down. That bracelet is the only thing that I have of my mother. If I lost it I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

We finally arrive at the training ground, and Sasuke and Sakura were already there with Kakashi sensei. "You two are late." Kakashi sensei says. "Sorry sensei I had to look for something. It was my fault." I apologize.

"Of course it's your fault." Sakura muttered. I don't think anyone else heard but me though. "Here." Kakashi sensei hands us a paper.

"What's this?" Naruto asks. "This is the sign up sheet for the next Chunin Exams." Chunin Exams? "I need this paper by tomorrow. Don't worry you don't have to take it if you don't want to." Kakashi sensei says.

I look over to Sakura. She had a doubtful face. "Alright see ya later." Kakashi poofs away. "Heck yeah I'm joining! I gotta go to Ichiraku ramen to celebrate! Come on Ryuko!" He yells.

I sigh and start walking. "Later." Sasuke waves to me. "Bye see you tomorrow." I tell him.

*****
"Come on Ryuko! We can't be late for the exams!" Naruto shouts. "I'm really worried about my bracelet. I'd never forget it." I tell Naruto. "You can look for it later we have to go." Naruto says.

I sigh and walk to the academy where we are supposed to take our exam. As we're walking we meet Sasuke and Sakura. "Hey guys." "Hey, ready for the exam Sasuke?" Sakura ask.

"Yeah, I have nothing to worry about." He answers to her in a cool tone. "So cool~" Sakura fangirls. We arrive at the building and see kids gathered up by a door.

"Hey what's going on?" Naruto questions. Before anyone could answer a girl with two buns on her head was thrown across the hallway.

"What the hell?!" The girl yells. "Why won't you let us through?" She ask. I look up to see 2 young boys standing at the door blocking the entrance.

"Because it lowers the competition idiot." One of the boys laughs. I walk up to the 2 boys. "Your genjustu is so weak that it's pathetic." I tell him in a cold tone. "How did you know?" The boy starts sweating. "Anybody would be able to see it. Right Sakura?" Sasuke asks.

"Huh? Oh, yeah that's a genjutsu. I could see right through it!" She yells. I stare at them with a cold tone. "Why you!" The boy raises his fist at me.

I was about to avoid his attack and hit him hard, until this boy with a green suit and bushy eyebrows blocked his attack. "We must not fight before the exams." He says staring at the boy.

"Lee! We weren't supposed to show our real power before the exams." The girl that was thrown across the hallway whines. Hm, that was a good strategy.

My thoughts were interrupted by the boy, Lee. "Are you Ryuko?" "Who's asking?" I ask. "Oh, Ryuko will you go out with me." Lee ask. I start blushing. No ones asked me out before! What do I do?! "Hey you can't ask out my sister!" Naruto yells.

"She has the right to make her own decisions!" He counters. I roll my eyes. "Dear Ryuko will you-" "No." I say interrupting walking past Lee to the door.

"Come on you guys." I call my team. They walk over to the stairs and we go up. We get to the room that we were supposed assigned to. It was many genin from different villages.

"So you guys finally showed up, huh?" I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to see Kiba. "Hey guys!" Naruto greeted his friends.

"Hi N-Naruto." Hinata whimpered out. "Huh? What's that Hinata?! I can't hear you!" Naruto put his ear up to Hinata's face.

She started to get red. Like super red. Like as red as my hair red. I sighed and leaned against the wall away from everyone else.

I looked at my competition. Most of them were eyeing my brothers friends in a deadly tone. "They seem pretty scary." I overheard Sakura say.

"Hey listen up!" I hear my idiot of a brother yell. "I'm gonna beat every last one of you and become Hokage! Believe it!" He shouted to the class.

It all happened so fast. This guy ran up to Naruto. I had a quick reaction. I grabbed my sword and was about to stab the ninja with it until a silvered haired guy stopped the attack.

"Are you okay Naruto? That guys pretty we-" He cut himself off. He started vomiting on the ground. Disgusting. I stared back at the guy and he was smirking.

Hm. So he attacks with sound. Good to know. What an idiot, showing his power like that. He's gonna get himself killed now.

All of a sudden there was a big ball of smoke revealing a grown man. "Alright! I'm am your proctor! Ibiki Moroni! You will be taking the first part of the Chunin Exams now! I will assign you to your desk." He says loudly.

I had to sit by snake like woman. She seemed to have a lot of chakra. I looked to her at the crook of my eye. She smirked and licked her lips. I have to be very cautious of her.

(I'm not going to put the rest of the scene because I'm too lazy. SORRY!)

"Alright! I passed! Believe it!" Naruto yelled in the classroom. "Well ya shut up!" Sakura punched Naruto on the top of his head.

I stood in front of Sakura and slapped her across her face. "Touch my brother again and I'll kill you." I said to her in a cold tone walking away.

"Ryuko..." I heard Naruto faintly say. What the hell was wrong with me? I would never do that. Ever since that last mission with Tazuna I've been acting different.

I get to the house and lay down on my bed trying to go to bed to put everything behind me.

*****
Hope you guys liked this chapter! I'll give you guys something really juicy in the upcoming chapters! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO NEXT! See you guys in the next chapter!