Chapter 5: The Encounter

Carter shockingly asked as he ate bread and jam, " Is this really from France?! "

Felix answered Carter for the fifth time, " Yes, Carter.. It says so.." He points to the labelling that wrote ' Made in France' , " Here... Seriously, Car, this is the thousandth time you've asked. "

Carter kindly asked Felix, " Do you mind if i bring a few of these home?"

Felix felt unsure and asked, " Wait...How many are we talking about..? "

Carter negotiated with Felix, " I dont know.. Maybe Three? Three jars..?"

Felix exclaimed, " THREE?!"

Carter negotiated, " It's made IN FRANCE! It's quite rare to find in Denmark. "

Felix suggested, " How about two? "

Carter depressingly asked, " Two?"

Felix kept it positive and said, " Well it's better than just one.."

Carter negotiated , " I fibbed. I'll take four instead! That way i could be in content ! "

I cut into the middle of their 'negotiation' and offered Carter, " Just take them, Carter. We have plenty of those..."

Carter happily thanked me with a hug, " Thanks very much, Your Ro..."

I corrected Carter, " No..no..no.. My name's Rachel, the name's Rachel. Please don't call me Her Royal Highness.. blah.. blah..blah..blah...blah.."

Felix leaned onto me and i gave in, he whispered, " You do know that people can hear you ranting on and on about your Royal Title, right? It has been just your first day and you're acting like you begged to differ, sweetheart."

I soon realised then professionally covered my mouth with my hand and Felix finished my sentence to Carter by rubbing Carter's head and praised him, " You're a smart boy, Carter. " Carter smiled.

Felix joked, "One day we could use that negotiating skills of yours for the tribe. " Carter and Felix then laughed.

I gave a little thought on what Felix had said and i answered, " Well, i do beg to differ. But this is the life i chose to live. So like it or not, you're with me." Felix smiled at me and i smiled back.

The Head of Royal Staff suddenly appeared and gave Felix and i reminder saying, " Your Royal Highnesses, i've been looking for you everywhere. You must get ready immediately, i have Her Royal Highness' make-up specialist stand-by at your room and a suit in your room as well, His Royal Highness. We will be leaving in an hour or so, please do get ready and please don't forget to visit the Queen at her study before leaving."

Felix answered the long reminder the Head of Royal Staff gave, " Yes, noted.. Alex? Isnt it? " Felix looked at the name pin on the Head of Royal Staff's tuxido and smiled back at Alex.

I quickly said and smiled to Carter, " Bye, Carter! I hope to see you around again.."

Carter answered me, " Me too, Rachel. It was a pleasure."

Felix tapped Carter's shoulders as a sign of saying goodbye and soon grabbed my hand and professionally fast-walked back to our room. I calmed Felix down, " Calm down, Felix.. Calm down.. "

After an hour of glam and dress up, I chose to wear a royalty-inspired reception gown designed with a corseted bodice and a beautifully full, pleated skirt. A delicate lace overlay creates the long sleeves while also shaping the demure collar and low, scalloped V-neckline. The removable bustle is fashioned with dramatic folds at the lower back before flowing into three-foot train.

Felix came in as the make-up artist finished my look and he shockingly said, " Wow.. you look beautiful and very much ravinshing in that dress!"

I smiled and thanked him, " Thank you."

Awhile after some pre-touch up, Felix and I were all set to leave the Palace for the Reception. But first, we had to visit the Queen at her study.

Felix knocked on the door of the Queen's study

The Queen answered, " Come in."

As we entered the Queen's study I greeted her as i curtsied, " Your Majesty. "

Felix greeted the Queen with a deep bow, " Your Majesty."

The Queen granted, " At ease. The both of you. Call me Margrethe or as it should be, Grandma."

Felix asked, " Grams, You called for us?"

The Queen remembered, " Ah yes, i almost forgot! This will be a quick one. Sit, sit. "

Felix and I both sat by the Queen. The Queen continued, " You both remembered when Nikolai said that he wanted to change his career to modeling, right?"

Felix nodded and agreed, " Yeah. What about it?"

The Queen spilled the beans, " I told him that if he wanted to switch careers, he won't keep his line to the Danish Throne. Meaning he needs to abdicate the throne."

I softy gasped as of Felix did the complete opposite, instead he loudly gasped and asked again to make sure he heard it correctly, " He won't be...wait... what... why?!"

The Queen answered, " Instead, you'll be the next running monarch of Denmark as the next in line. "

I was so shocked that i didn't realised i said, " I beg your pardon?"