Chapter 12: The Guilt

Disclaimer: The characters in this story are not based on the Danish Royal Family. This story is completely 100% fiction.

The awkward tension between us, in a pretty much-confined room, was unbearable, any eye contact with Nikolai sent a shiver down my spine.

Should I get up and leave the two of them alone? But also Samantha just woke up, will Nikolai give Samantha another heart attack when he decides to continue talking about the divorce? Hmm... What should I do?

"Rachel, do you mind?", asked Nikolai.

"Will you be okay?", I asked Samantha feeling unsure of leaving her alone with Nikolai.

She didn't respond. I started feeling anxious as she hasn't fully recovered yet.

"She'll be fine. Don't worry."assured Nikolai.

"Ok. I'll be out front if you need me.", I told Samantha before walking off.

As I was walking towards the door to leave the room, I heard a soft voice coming from Samantha.

"Thanks for taking care of me.", thanked Samantha.

I turned around to face her. I was surprised. Did she just thank me?

"I heard. From the nurse. That you were up all night here with me. Thank you."

"No worries.", I smiled at her as I left the room.

"Sam, about yesterday, I—", Nikolai broke the silence.

"I don't want to talk about it.", Samantha declared.

"I know you—"

" I don't want to talk to you. I'm not feeling well. Look at me, I feel and look like sh*t thanks to you. So why don't you just get out. And leave me the h*ll alone."

"I know you don't want a div—"

"LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE...!!", She yelled.

"Jesus Christ, Samantha! Will you stop being so dramatic and let us talk so we can fix this."

"Fix what? I thought you wanted to divorce me, so what's the point of fixing things?"

"I don't okay. I just said that out of frustration. I'm sorry for upsetting you. But honey, look, we have to talk."

"I've said this to you, and I will tell you this again. As your wife. As someone who really and truly cares about you. It's just that I don't see you, no one sees you, as an heir who gives up his succession to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. It just seems like a temporary dream. That's what it is.", she said in calmly undisturbed tone.

"So what you're saying is that you don't trust me? Your husband? THE MAN YOU LOVED AND MARRIED?!?!", he started yelling at Samanatha. Samantha was silent.

"AND I TOOK AN OATH,NICK! I SWORE TO LOVE YOU AND TAKE CARE OF YOU!!"

"You're just being undeniably selfish and inconsiderate of those around you! Do you not see how this could affect everyone in the family? Sure, Felix and Rachel  will be happy and all, but how are we going to make a living independently? Our job now is so much more stable, and we're so happy right now. So why change that?", she continued.

"I'm sorry for making you angry and making you faint. But I will not apologize to you about what I really want to do in life."

"If you don't accept me, then maybe we should get a divorce."

"ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?? No divorces, okay! NO!!!", Samantha screamed as loudly as she could.

"WELL THEN YOU'RE LEAVING ME NO OTHER CHOICE THEN, SAM."