Chapter 10: Tragic Lost

Last night, things didn't very much ended well between Nikolai and Samantha. We were avoiding each other pretty much throughout the whole day. Little did we know, the next morning, we woke up to a tragic news, a tragic lost. Just last night, the Royal Family lost a family member, while Denmark lost their Prince Consort, Prince Henrik.

This tragic news had brought the entire Royal Family nothing but an affinity of pain. The Queen stayed by Prince Henrik's side by his death bed and was accompanied by Nikolai and Felix.

"What happened?", Felix questioned.

"He seemed perfectly fine yesterday. Was there anything you found amiss last night?"

"He was of course stressed out with the ongoing rivarly you guys are having but he didn't look the slightest concerned." , The Queen answered.

"However, I believe that the last thing he wanted was for you to keep up this stupid fued. So, please!", The Queen stood up.

"Decide this amongst yourselves and stop it with the childish act!", The Queen angrily stomped out of the room.

A knock sounded, the servant delievered a message to Nikolai saying that he was needed right this instant to deal with the reporters. Nikolai complied and rushed to the main balcony, where reporters and writers stood, hungry for information on the ongoing fued and the devastating death of Prince Henrik.

"Thank you for your deepest concern and condolences of Denmark's former Prince Consort, Prince Henrik's, unfortunate death. Thank you for your prayers on the royal family and may Prince Henrik rest in peace." , the crowd silenced as Nikolai spoke.

"Moreover, there has been ongoing preposterous rumours of Prince Felix and myself fueding over who shall be Denmark's future King." , Nikolai stopped speaking to gather his breath to reveal what he was about to say.

When...

"SO IT IS TRUE!! YOU'RE GIVING UP THE THRONE TO PURSUE ANOTHER CAREER!" , one shouted.

Nikolai opened his mouth, however was not desireably willing to admit to those rumours. To prevent such situation, Felix stepped in.

"Denmark.. Has lost it's prince. I hope everyone can understand just how incredibly tough of a sitution we currently are in. Thus, we will not entertain questions of such rumours. Thank you.", Felix spoke.

The crowd murmured to each other and questioned each other on Felix's sudden appearance to save Nikolai from speaking too much.

"Get in. Let's go back inside. She's asking for us.", Felix whispered to Nikolai.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!", Samantha shouted at Nikolai.

"You almost jeopardized us! Don't you know that?", Samantha continued.

I motioned Felix to leave them alone to talk.

"Just..Don't take too long guys..", I told Nikolai and Samantha as Felix and I left the two for some privacy.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVOKE ME?"

"What—" , Samantha slowly catching her breath.

"What were—" , She took a deep breaths to calm herself down.

"What were you thinking, Nick?" , She tried to ask nonchalantly while Nikolai was silent for the entire rant.

"Samantha—", Nikolai braved to speak.

"Oh, now you're speaking. What is the matter with you? I—" , Sam responded by feeling incredibly annoyed.

I went out of the study room where we were suppose to gather with the Queen to see what was taking Nikolai and Samantha so long. When i overheard...

"Let's get a divorce—", Nikolai revealed.

"was worried sick and—", Samantha stopped.

"You, want what?"

I hid myself from their plain sight as much as possible, careful not to let them notice my presence during their intense conversation.

"You heard me. A divorce." , Nikolai repeated.

"What—Why? I don't understand.. This is a dream, is it? Please, don't...." , Sam doesn't seem to believe what she had heard.

"Please, Sam. Just grant me this wish—"

"WISH? WHAT GODDAMN WISH??!!!" , she chuckled softly

"I have been with you through thick and thin.. and now you want what? A FUCKING DIVORCE?"

"Please..", Nikolai beseeched.

"NO! NO! YOU LISTEN NIKOLAI, I AM NOT DIVORCING YOU. EVER. NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.", She yelled.

Nikolai turned his back on her and slowly walked away from the corridor.

"NOOOOO—", she yelled on top of her lungs to let out her rage.

Samantha touched and pressed her heart as she bent forward, feeling uneasy. Unexpectedly, she reached for the ground to prevent herself from bending too much.  As quick as no one noticed, she fainted.

THUDDDD!!! I rushed over to see what caused that sound to produce and that it was—-