Chapter 9

Note: This fanfiction does not follow the timeline of the TFIL videos or the videos from the channels from the mentioned YouTubers. In this fanfiction, they already live in that big mansion as roommates.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Francine

A month passed since I went to Big Air with my favorite YouTubers—Colby Brock, Sam Golbach, Elton Castee, and Corey Scherer. They communicate with me every once in a while, checking up on me, and made me feel as if I was part of their family. I was happy.

However, when I fully healed, I went back to the mansion, despite Logan and Marie's protests, in order to do my duty as the daughter of the Lockhart couple—meaning, the preparation for my birthday celebration. Every 21st of April, my parents throw me a 'birthday party' and invite everyone they could. However, for me, the day of my birth is one of my hated days. One reason is because every birthday celebration they throw, they do it to show off their wealth and create business deals with me as an accessory. Another reason is because they expect me to create my own connections that would greatly benefit them. By that, what I mean is to 'entice' the eligible bachelors who attends to court me.

Disgusting.

Every birthday celebration, I get molested and harassed numerous times and I am forced to swallow my disgust and frustration under the watching eyes of my parents. I let them treat me as a possession, not a person. I tried to fight for myself once and it got me a brand on my hip that will forever remain on my body. I knew by then that I was to never go against my parents' wishes.

After a week long preparation, my 20th birthday finally starts. To ensure to have the best of everything, my parents held the party in one of the most expensive luxury hotels in L.A. and invited the big shots in the different fields of entertainment. That being said, there were dozens of celebrities, artists, business men and women, and even YouTubers. Well, I haven't seen who were present as I was still in a room, waiting to be called, but I was half-hoping and half-dreading to see Colby and the gang.

I did not inform them about the party despite being in touch with them, more with Colby, but knowing that they probably know who I am by now, from the video I filmed with them, they might have heard about the story from the news or internet. I wanted to see them again, however, I never want them to see me as my parents' doll. I don't want them to think of me as a hollow person who does not know how to fight for herself.

A knock on my door brought me back to reality. My aquamarine eyes connected with a pair similar to mine in front of me, but her eyes were dull and empty. My reflection stared back at me with the same emptiness and dread I felt in my body.

"Come in." The door opened and revealed my mother's assistant, Penny. She was wearing a dark blue high-low dress and black pumps.

"Happy 20th birthday, France

"Happy 20th birthday, France." She said as she entered the room. "You look gorgeous." Penny knew nothing about the horrors underneath the make up, but she was one of the very few that I am relaxed around for she sees me as who I am and not simply as the decorative daughter of John and Cassidy Lockhart. However, I do not trust her.

I do not trust anyone but Logan and Marie.

"Thanks, Penny. You look good as well." I gave her a small smile. "Is it time to go?"

She smiled and nodded. "They will be announcing you to the public in 5 minutes." I nodded and stood from the vanity mirror. "Let's go?" I straightened my back and walked out of the room in an elegant manner. We headed down to the venue where I could hear chatters and cameras all around. I stood on top of a big staircase but no one has seen me yet for there was a curtain in front of me. "Good luck!" Penny said for the last time before leaving my side.

When the music died down, the chatters ceased. This was my cue to take a deep breath and ready my mind at what was to come next.

"Good evening everyone!" My father's cheerful voice rang around the hall as he spoke through the microphone. "I want to thank each and every one of you for joining us tonight as we celebrate a very important day for me and my family." If I didn't know him enough, I would think that his words are sincere and true, and I would be swelling with happiness behind these curtains. Sadly, I've known him since I was born and I knew that his cheerfulness is an act.

"Tonight," my mother continued. "We will be celebrating to thank God for giving us a wonderful gift." Tears built up at the corners of my eyes, not of happiness but from pain. The pain that their words of love will never be true. "Our only daughter, Francine Lockhart, is turning 20 tonight!" People cheered for their words, appreciating how they are throwing me a celebration party as a symbol of their love.

Bullsh*t.

It took everything in me to stop myself from chucking my black 7-inched heals and run away from everything. Instead, I took deep breaths to calm myself down and do what I always do. Smile through the pain.

"Let us welcome the star of tonight," dad announced. "Francine Lockhart!" People cheered as the curtains were raised. Spotlights and cameras pointed at me as I gave them my practiced smile.

I slowly and elegantly made my way down to reach for my dad's outstretched hand for me, keeping my smile on my face. As part of our little show, I gave my dad a hug and a kiss on his cheek then moved to my awaiting mother and gave her the same thing.

I, then, faced the crowd as my dad handed me his microphone. "First of all, I want to thank my parents for throwing me another wonderful party." I turned to them and gave them a practiced thankful smile. "Without them, I would not be here today." And because of them, I almost did not make it here today. "To everyone here tonight, I want to send all my thanks to you for coming to celebrate my birthday with me. Without you, this party would not be a success, so, thank you and I hope you enjoy the evening." I did a small curtsy to the crowd before they erupted in applause.

I scanned the crowd for a brief second to assess how much socializing I needed to do tonight, when my eyes collided with a pair of blue eyes that were filled with amazement and surprise. His brown hair was swept to the right as usual but tonight, he wore a grey suit with a pink tie. Our eye contact broke when my dad gripped onto my gloved arm tightly and lightly dragged me to meet one of his business partners and his son.

"Happy birthday, Miss Francine." The man's son greeted as soon as he spotted me. His grey eyes held mischief as he held my hand to his lips. "It's a pleasure to meet you. You look gorgeous in your gown." I gave him one of my practiced smiles until he stepped closer to me and bent down to my ear. "Though I bet that you would look sexy if that dress was on my bedroom floor and you are moaning in pleasure under me." He whispered so lightly in my ear before pulling away with a smirk when a shiver ran down my spine.

It was not out of pleasure.

No.

It was out of disgust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! Here's another chapter, showcasing Francine's life as a Lockhart! How do you think it will go? :3

Vote.
Comment.
Follow <3