Chapter 23

Note: This fanfiction does not follow the timeline of the TFIL videos or the videos from the channels from the mentioned YouTubers. In this fanfiction, they already live in that big mansion as roommates.
---------------------------------------------
Levin

"Forgiveness is the best form of love. It takes a strong person to say sorry and an even stronger person to forgive." - Yolanda Hadid

Francine simply stared with wide tear-filled eyes.

How laughable. I faced different kinds of people who tried to take me down and I was able to face them head-on calmly with my head held high. Yet, under her surprised and assessing eyes, I was getting cold feet.

Everyone in the room noticed the atmosphere in the room and they slowly crept out of the room, trying to leave silently as to not disturb France from absorbing the truth standing in front of her. Mom and dad placed encouraging taps on both my shoulders before leaving the room with everyone. When everyone was gone, deafening silence filled the room with the exemption of her occasional sniffing.

The silence was making me more nervous.

However, after a few more sniffs, she decided to break the silence herself. Her silent sobs turned into a full blown cry. She reached for my hand and clung to it tightly like I was going to disappear...again. Seeing her cry because of me broke my heart. I was supposed to be there for her when she was hurt but instead, I ran away like a coward and left her to take the punishments meant for me.

"...France, I.." A lump on my throat stopped me from saying anything. I wanted to apologize. I wanted her to blame me for everything. I wanted her to release all her frustrations on me. Yet, she continued to cry as if she was relieved to see me again.

"...Vin.." She cried. "You're back..."

She didn't blame me for anything, she has always been that kind of person.

Tears fell from eyes as I thought about the burdens she carried over the past 10 years. Those burdens that were meant for me, yet she carried them as her own with no complains, even hoping for Cassidy and John to love her like before... Before they were consumed by their greed for money, power, and fame.

"I'm sorry, France..." I held onto her hands tightly, silently telling her that I was not leaving her, not this time. For 10 years, I refused to cry and simply worked hard to have the power to take her away from all the pain and burden she carried. All the frustrations and tears now flowed down my cheeks as I apologize to my sister. "...I'm really sorry."

She looked up to me and gave me a smile despite the tears falling from her eyes. She tugged on my hand and pulled me down to sit by her side. Her aquamarine eyes were filled with joy and relief as she stared into my own pair of aquamarine eyes that were probably filled with guilt. She pressed her forehead against mine just like 10 years ago. "As long as I know that you're alive and well, I'll be okay."

Her words... Just like 10 years ago before I cowardly left her behind...

"How could you say that when I left you like a coward 10 years ago?" I cried like a child. Between the two of us, she has always been the mature one. She always prioritizes my needs and welfare over her own health. She would always make sure that I was happy despite the struggles from the pressure from John and Cassidy.

She wrapped her arms around me and filled me with the warmth that I have longed for for 10 years. "Because I know that you'll come back for me. Be it in 10 years or in 10 decades, you'll be back stronger than ever and you'll take me away from all the pain." She understood why I left 10 years ago and accepted me back as her brother. "At first, I was hurt though." She pulled away and wiped her tears away. "I asked myself, 'why did he leave me behind ?' And, 'will he ever come back for me?' But then I started worrying about you... 'Is he okay? Where is he staying? Is he safe? Is he eating well? Did he get hurt? What about his clothes? Or bath?' I kept praying that you will find a safe haven for yourself before even worrying about me. Then I thought to myself that if I ever see you again, I want to see you happy. I want to see you living a good life, surrounded by people who truly cares for you so that I won't have to worry."

I followed her gaze as she looked towards the door and through the clear window. There stood my adoptive parents talking and getting along with Officer Logan, his wife Marie, and that Colby guy. "I'm glad that you found some wonderful people who cares for you," she said in relief. "I'm glad to see you again." Despite the joy and relief in her tone, I suddenly felt scared. She sounded like with everything doing well with me, she could... let go in peace.

Was she hanging on just to see me again?

No way, that's not fair.

No way am I letting her give up, not when I haven't seen her live her life for herself... Not just simply for me.

"You're so unfair, France." She turned to me in surprise. "You sound like you're leaving me behind after this." Her eyes softened before she looked down on her palms.

She chuckled sadly. "I guess I didn't know how tired I was until I saw how well they treat you. I mean, after everything that happened to me, I wouldn't be surprised if my body suddenly gave up, you know."

I didn't like how she was starting to accept that sooner or later, she'll drop dead.

No way am I going to let that happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*sniff* *sniff* I cried while writing this chapter... TT^TT I hope you guys like it like I did.

Such an emotional chappy...

Vote.
Comment.
Follow <3

P.s. Just a question, would you want to read about the court session against the Lockhart couple or.... Nah? Let me know what you guys want to read!~