Chapter 21

Unknown P.O.V.

Dropping my book-filled bag on the floor, I dropped down on my bed tiredly and let out an exhausted sigh. Studying law was not easy, especially when you are aiming to be the best lawyer. I pulled out the cold thin chains hanging around my neck and stared at the pendant hanging off of it. It was a silver crescent moon and a smaller full moon with a design of the galaxy.

 It was a silver crescent moon and a smaller full moon with a design of the galaxy

The necklace has been with me ever since I was 8 years old. It was given to me by the most important girl to me in order to cheer me up and looking at it reminds me of how much I miss her... And how much I regret what I did 10 years ago.

A knock on my door stopped me from thinking more about her and in came my mom with a gentle smile on her lips.

"How was school, sweetie?" She asked as she sat at the edge of my bed. "You had an exam today, right?"

I pushed myself up and leaned against my headboard. "Yeah, it was okay, I guess..." Noticing the lack of enthusiasm in my tone, mom laid a comforting hand on my leg.

"You don't really have to study law for her, sweetie. Your dad and I are willing to help her when the time finally comes." I smiled at her reassurance.

"I know, mom. I just... I just want to be someone who can stand by her side and support her. I've seen and heard about what she has been through over the years and I want to prevent something like that happening to her after case."

"You're already doing something for her without her knowledge and it's not a simple matter. What you are doing is changing her life for the better, your life as well. I know that in time, she will understand what happened and you will be together again." I smiled at mom's encouragement and gave her a hug.

"Thanks, mom. For everything." She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me gently closer to her, filling me with warmth that a mother would give to her child.

"Anything for you, Levin. You're my only son."

----------------------------------

"Sorry, I'm late!" A woman in her mid 30's barged through our front doors wearing a dark blue high-low dress and a pair of black pumps. Her brunette hair, a hereditary gene within the Henderson Family line, was still beautifully curled into a beautiful beach wave despite attending a party just before arriving. "The celebrant suddenly ran off."

My parents, Kenneth and Julianne Henderson, and our guests, their brothers and sisters with their sons and daughters (my aunts, uncles and cousins) fell silent upon hearing her report and frowned. Everyone knew that Penny was working for the Lockhart family as Cassidy's assistant and today was the 20th birthday celebration of Francine Lockhart, their only daughter and my twin sister. Everyone in the family knew who I was and accepted me as a part of their family. They supported me through my decisions and guided me to be where I am today.

"What happened?" I asked my cousin who sat on the couch to rest. She gazed at me sadly before grabbing the remote control nearby and turning the television on. Our attention turned from her to the news being reported live from the event venue of the birthday celebration.

"Just an hour in after the birthday celebration started, Francine Lockhart was seen leaving the venue with a Youtuber named Colby Brock. Though the reason for her early leave is not explained, many have witnessed that Colby was pulling her out of the venue...." 

"This Colby Brock is her friend, along with Sam Golbach, Elton Castee, Corey Scherer, and Amanda Swearingen. Logan confirmed that when they first met. I followed them out without their knowledge and it seems that Francine was the one who told Colby to 'take her away'." Penny's expression darkened as she seemed to relive the events just hours ago. "I saw what happened there, Lev. She was being molested again and she couldn't bear to pull away. Colby seemed to notice and pulled her out of the event. I couldn't do anything... I'm sorry, Lev, I wasn't able to help Francine."

I sat beside her and pulled her for a side hug. "You being there to watch over her is enough for me. You and your friends watching and taking evidences during the event is more than enough. You've endured enough and we will be making our move soon." 

"So much for a birthday celebration, Levin." Penny's younger brother, Phillip, commented on the situation.

"Yeah..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll just leave this here... XD

P.S. I apologize for the delay and the short chapter :(

Vote.
Comment.
Follow <3