6

Later on that night, the pep rally began and Victoria found herself with the rest of the Riverdale Bulldogs. The bleachers were crowded with people and the marching band continued to play peppy songs. The River Vixens cheered their heart away and Victoria instantly spotted Veronica and Betty, who seemed pretty excited for their first game.

In the bleachers, Victoria smiled when she saw her mother and older sister there. She was surprised that they made it, her mother was always business with Serpent Business and Alex seemed to be always working a shift at Pop's. Victoria waved to them and smiled brightly, which the two females gladly returned.

Victoria loudly scoffed when she saw Archie walk over to Ms. Grundy. Archie sighed, noticing this. Jughead had told him during the confrontation at his house that Victoria saw the whole thing. Archie knew before that, that there was something going on with his friend because it seemed that she was always avoiding him.

Victoria glanced over at Archie once last time before walking over to Jughead, who was standing beside the bleachers watching the game from afar.

"I can't believe him. Talking to her out in the open just like that?" She complained to the boy. Victoria gripped her football helmet tight in her right hand as she spoke.

Jughead just laughed at her before noticing Archie coming their way, "Word of warning, he's coming our way at this moment," He informed her and Victoria was about to turn her head around to look, but Jughead stopped, "No! Don't look! You can't make it obvious."

Victoria rolled her eyes at him as Archie finally made his way over to the two teenagers that used to be his closest friends. Now, both friendships were strained all because of Archie's stupid, naive mistakes.

"Girl troubles?" Victoria asked the redhead sarcastically.

Archie sighed, "Grundy and I, we're telling Weatherbee." He informed Jughead and Victoria, who nodded their heads in response, "At least, I am." He added in and the two of them stood quietly, "Also, Jughead, I didn't mean all that crap I said to you. And I'm sorry that I kept that huge ass secret from you, Tori. We made a promise to not keep anything from each other and I broke it. I'm sorry. Both of you."

"It's cool." Jughead and Victoria replied in unison and Archie just stood there, almost as if he were waiting for something.

Jughead smiled at him, "The three of us are not going to hug in front of this whole town, Archie.  So why don't all do that bro thing where we nod like douches and mutually suppress our emotions." Jughead suggested.

"I'm down with that idea." Victoria agreed.

"Yeah, but as friends, right?" Archie asked both Jughead and Victoria.

"To be discussed," Jughead replied, "Over many burgers, and many days."

Archie sent his friend a smile before he gestured for Victoria to follow him back to the football field.

"Good luck!" Jughead told Victoria with a bright smile and Victoria held up a thumbs up as she walked away.

Tonight was the first night of being quarterback and she was beyond nervous.

Soon after stepping foot on the field, Victoria was whisked away by her teammates as the game began.

On stage that was placed to the side of the field, Coach Clayton, Mayor McCoy, and Principal Weatherbee all stood together.