10

The next day at school, Jughead and Victoria walked down the hallways, handing out flyers about the closing night of the Twilight Drive-In while Archie tried his best to keep up with them, "How hard would it have been for the two of you to give me a little heads up?" Archie questioned his best friends as they passed out flyers about the last night of the Twilight Drive-in in the school hallway.

"Look, I am, by nature, a conscientious objector. Us not saying anything to either you or Betty was the most moral, apathetic choice, we could make." Jughead replied, only half listening to his friend as he continued to pass out flyers.

Archie quickly grabbed Jughead's arm to stop him from walking any further, causing Jughead to look up, "But, Jug. She's not going to write about me and Grundy in the paper, is she? Like she did with Chuck?" He questioned Jughead, a concerned look on his face.

Victoria loudly scoffed at her friend, "Dude, seriously?" She rolled her eyes as she grabbed Archie by the arm before leading herself and her two best friends to another part of the hallway, "Okay, come on, think about what you're asking. If there was even an iota of a chance that something could hurt you in any way, Betty wouldn't do it. She loves you too much." She explained before a smirk formed on her lips, "Probably." She smirked.

"Oh my god!" Archie groaned out in frustration.

"I'm kidding, Arch! Lighten up," She chuckled, giving a rough pat on the back, "But maybe blondie has point. What do you see happening with Grundy, long-term? What do you want?"

Archie sighed, staying silent for a long moment before he finally spoke up, "I want to be with her. I don't know how, but I wanna hang on to what we have for as long as possible."

"Yup. I feel that."  Jughead agreed with his friends as he hung up a flyer about the Drive-In on the wall, "Trying to hold on to something a lot older than me, too." He joked and Archie rolled his eyes while Victoria let out a chuckle.

"Just..if Betty's gonna do anything crazy, can the two of you please let me know so I can do something to stop it?" Archie begged and Victoria nodded.

"Of course." She replied with a small smile.

______

"It's this quintessential rite of passage, making out with your boy or girlfriend at the movies." Kevin and Victoria explained to Veronica as they both plopped onto the couch. Well, Kevin did most of the explaining, Victoria just agreed with him here and there, Veronica smiled as she listened to her friend's explanation while sitting on a seat in the student lounge room.

"Why don't we all go together?" Veronica suggested, "I can't promise you guys any action, but maybe I'll bring you both good luck." Veronica smiled.

"Can't," Victoria answered, "I'm spending the whole night with Jug."

Veronica smiled at this, "You and Jughead seriously just need to get together." She told Victoria, who just scoffed.

"I'm pretty sure he likes Betty," Victoria admitted and Kevin gave her a shocked look.

"Tori, did you even notice that you just indirectly admitted that you like Jughead," Kevin said and Victoria rolled her eyes.

"I did not," Victoria argued.

"Yes, you did," Veronica argued back.

"Tori, stop acting like an old hag and just admit your feelings for Jughead," Kevin sighed as Cheryl strutted in, clearly up to no good.

 "Speaking of hags," Cheryl spoke up as she put her hand on her chest and looked down at Veronica,  "Veronica, it's so devastating to me that your mother has to sink to such unspeakable lows just to keep those knockoff Hermes bags on your arm. What's next, selling her hair extensions?"

"My mom's a waitress, Cheryl, not Fantine," Veronica replied annoyed, "And your faux concern reeks of ulterior motive. What is it?" Veronica questioned, looking up at the redhead.

"Only to remind you of your place in this school, nay, the town's social hierarchy," Cheryl replied with an attitude.

"Threatened much?" Victoria scoffed loudly.

"Don't worry, Cheryl. You may be a stock character from a '90s teen movie, but I'm not," Veronica argued, standing up from her chair, "And what does any of this have to do with my mom being a waitress?"

"It's just that I saw her talking to two Southside Serpents last night, in the alley behind Pop's. The three of them were having an extremely heated, intimate discussion," Cheryl explained as she pulled out her phone for the three to look at, "See for yourself."

Victoria quickly got up from her chair as she took a sip of her water. As Veronica zoomed in, Victoria recognized the two Serpents to be her mother and Jughead's father.

  All of a sudden, Victoria couldn't stop herself from spitting the water all over Cheryl, "Oops?" Victoria nervously chuckled before looking over at her friend, "Gotta blast. See ya!"

_______

Once going home to find that her mother wasn't home, Victoria did the unexpected and made her way to the Southside Serpent hangout where her mother spent most of her time when she wasn't home. Victoria could have entered the bar without a problem, what with the way she dressed, but the letterman jacket she wore over those clothes made it hell.

Victoria entered the Whyte Wyrm, in search of her mother. All eyes seemed to have been on her when she walked through those doors, seeing as her jacket made the Serpents think she was there to start trouble.

As she made her way through the Southside bar, Victoria was suddenly cornered by a tall Serpent that looked to be close to her in age, "This is Southside Serpent territory, Northside. Why don't you get your ass back to the Northside, where you belong?" He told through his gritted teeth.

She scoffed, rolling her eyes at him, "And who are you, my mother? Get out of my way, asshole, before I move you myself." She threatened him, eying the boy up and down.

"You just made a big mistake," He warned her in a low tone.

He was about to step forward to do something until a familiar face walked over, pulling him, "No, no, no, Sweet Pea. You don't want to do that." Joaquin told the boy named Sweet Pea and Victoria smiled.

"Why not!" Sweet Pea shouted angrily, "Northsider on Southside territory."

"That Eliza's daughter, Alex's baby sister," Joaquin informed him and Sweet Pea seemed to calm down.

"You're joking, right?"Sweet Pea scoffed and Joaquin shook his head in response.

Joaquin turned to Victoria and sighed, "Your mom's not here right now, Tori. She's handling business with FP right now, I'll tell her that you're looking for her when she gets back."

"Thanks, Joaquin," She thanked him, sending Sweet Pea a death glare before exiting the bar once more.