19

As the three teenagers walked through the woods, Victoria shined her flashlight on the Blossom Maple Farms sign, realizing that they were finally there. Victoria turned her head and instantly spotted the Jason and Polly's getaway car. It had been covered by a large tarp, making it unnoticeable unless you were specifically looking for it She smiled, "Look, we found it!" She told Jughead and Betty.

The three of them shared a glance with each other before quickly making their way over. Jughead pulled the tarp off that was covering it and Victoria made her way to the back of the car alongside Betty.

Victoria sighed as she opened the trunk, revealing Jason's letterman jacket and numerous pounds of weed near it in the back. She ran her fingers over Jason's varsity jacket, feeling sad about her friend's untimely death. Because Victoria didn't, Jughead picked up a stick from the back and used it to hold up the door so it wouldn't fall on them as they looked through the trunk.

"What are those?"  Betty asked, gesturing to the drugs.

Victoria scoffed, "Oh, I forget, you're a goodie two shoes, you wouldn't know," She commented, causing both Betty and Jughead to frown, "It's drugs, stupid. What the hell does it look like? Weed to be exact. Can't you smell it, Betty?"

"Betty, Tori--" Jughead said as he picked up a package of weed in his. Victoria noticed this and immediately slapped the weed out of his hand, causing it to fall back into the trunk, "Ow, Tori! What was that for?"

"This a crime scene, Jug! And we're getting our fingerprints all over this shit. Do you really want to become a suspect in a murder that you didn't commit?" She explained to him and Jughead nodded before he began taking pictures with his phone.

"We need to get Sheriff Keller and then, we need to get Polly," Betty told them and Victoria nodded her head in agreement.

_________

As Jughead, Betty, and Victoria left the car to go find Sheriff Keller at Riverdale High where almost half the two was at watching the variety show, two individuals walked up to the car. Eliza Munroe and FP Jones.

FP held a can of gasoline in his hand as Eliza led them both to the trunk part of the car. Eliza opened the door to the trunk and stared down at Jason's letterman jacket for a long moment before she finally picked it up.

She sighed, closing the trunk before backing away, "They found the car, Liza. This is the right thing to do." FP reminded her and Eliza looked over at him.

"Then why doesn't it feel like it?" She asked quietly, "When Victoria finds out I had a part in this, she'll never forgive me."

"Jughead won't forgive me either." FP agreed with her before he began to pour gasoline all over the car.

Two Serpents backed away from the car before Eliza took out her lighter. She flicked it on before throwing it onto the car. They watched as the car went up into flames, feeling both guilty and relieved for what they had just done.

Feeling relieved that the car wouldn't be able to be traced back to them, but feeling guilty for what was going to happen if their kids found out.

_________

Jughead, Victoria, and Betty ran into Riverdale High School in search of Sheriff Keller. They soon found him, walking into the hallway, "Sheriff Keller!" Betty called out.

"Got your text, what is it?" Sheriff Keller asked them concerned.

Victoria looked over at Jughead, gesturing for him to take out his phone. He nodded his head at her before he took out his phone and pulled up the picture of the trunk of the getaway car, "Look, it's Jason's jacket," Victoria spoke up quickly.

"Where'd you get that?" Sheriff Keller asked the three teenagers.

"In the trunk of a car with a bunch of his other stuff. Jason was running away with Polly." Betty informed him.

"Where's the car?" Sheriff Keller asked them without hesitation.

Before they walked away, Victoria smiled when she heard Archie's song playing. She felt proud of him, he had actually grown the courage to do it and it made her happier than anything.

After a moment of standing there, she quickly caught up with her two friends and the sheriff.

_________

While Sheriff Keller and his deputies headed for the getaway car, Betty, Jughead, and Victoria made their way toward Polly's room at the Sister's of Quiet Mercy, only to find that Polly wasn't there and the glass of the window had been shattered.

"Polly?" Betty called out quietly as the three teenagers made their way into the room. They walked over to the window to see that there was blood on the window, but nobody.

"What the hell is going on in Riverdale lately?" Victoria muttered under her breath.

_________________

Once making it back to her trailer, Victoria found her mother sitting at the kitchen table, her head in her hands. There was a half-filled bottle of whiskey sitting in front of her and an empty glass cup resting next to it.

"Mom?" Victoria spoke up, walking over to her mother.

Eliza instantly lifted her head up when she heard her daughter's voice and quickly wiped her tear-streaked face, "Oh, hey, Tori. How was the variety show?" She asked Victoria, who just shrugged.

"Didn't go," Victoria said, giving her mother a concerned look, "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

Eliza sighed, knowing she couldn't tell Victoria every single thing that had her so stressed out, "I lost my job at the auto shop today, they didn't really give me a valid reason why they laid me off but I kind of figured it's because they probably found out about me being a Serpent." Her mother explained, "Your sister offered to take even more shifts at Pop's, but I can't let her do that, she works enough. I'm going to have to take up some odd jobs with the Serpents. I know I promised you I wouldn't, but we need the money."

"I can get a job," Victoria offered, "I can work a Pop's like Alex, maybe even a job at the Bijou. Jughead and I are going there tomorrow night, I could ask them for a job application."

Eliza shook her head in disagreement, "I can't let you do that, Victoria. You're fifteen, you shouldn't have to get a job to help support this family. I'm your mother, I need to be the one working."

Victoria nodded, "Fine, okay." 

Victoria couldn't help but think that if both Eliza and  FP hadn't gotten arrested so many damn times and didn't have so much involvement with the Southside Serpent, they would still be working for Fred Andrews at Andrews Construction. Jughead would also still be living at home and everything would have been sane and unproblematic for both families.

AN: Wow, wonder where Victoria gets the 'breaking the gender barrier rules' from. Victoria's captain of an all boy's football and then her mother used to work construction with all guys and was formerly a mechanic