21

Later on at school, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, Archie, Victoria, and Kevin all sat together in the student lounge, talking about Betty's older sister, Polly, going missing.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved," Betty explained to them quietly, "They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her shameful condition."

"Please," Veronica sighed, "What decade is this?"

"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think she burned it and that if she did..." Betty trailed off before Jughead finished her sentence.

"...She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks." Jughead said.

"Who burned the damn car then, Betty?" Victoria asked, confused about it all.

"Sheriff Keller said it could be possible following the three of us, Tori," Betty answered and Victoria gave her a concerned look, feel creeped out that someone could have been following them.

"Oh, my God," Veronica complained, "Honestly, guys, we should just move." She suggested and Victoria had to cover her mouth to stop from laughing at her.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty asked worriedly.

To comfort her, Jughead placed a comforting hand on Betty's shoulder and squeezed in reassuringly, causing the whole group to give them confused look, especially Archie and Victoria, who shared a glance with them, both for different reasons.

There was an awkward silence between the six of them until Archie spoke, "Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Archie suggested and Victoria scoffed.

"Second it," Kevin agreed with him, "We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet."

"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a high authority than God: The Blossoms," Jughead replied and Victoria was quick to agree with him.

"Sadly, I'm with Jughead on this. Sorry, Kev," She spoke up, "They're the first people he would tell."

"And if there's anyone we to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms." Betty added in, "They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite."

Victoria frowned when she looked up to see Ginger staring directly at them. Victoria gave the girl a glare and Ginger immediately looked away.

"How can we help?" Veronica asked, "Tell us, B. We'll do it."

Betty sighed and stayed silent. Victoria looked up again to see Ginger looking at them. She sighed in frustration and got up, "Hey, Ginger! Why the hell are you eavesdropping? Mind your damn business! Or would you like me to kick your ass instead because I'll be glad to." Victoria shouted at her and Ginger looked at her with wide eyes before she scurried off to God knows where.

Jughead and Archie began to quietly laugh at Victoria's behavior while Betty, Veronica, and Kevin were just plain shocked.

_________

After they all met in the student lounge together, Jughead and Victoria left soon after. They were walking down the hallway together when they heard Archie calling their name.

"Hey, Juggie! Tori!" Archie called out to them as he tried to catch up with his two best friends. "Jughead, remember before when you said you didn't want Betty knowing where you were living? Is that because you and Betty..."

"We may have had a moment..." Jughead trailed off.

"It's totally cool, I get it." Archie replied as he glanced over at Victoria, who was staying quiet, "No worries, I'm just curious."

It was quiet between the three of them for a brief moment before Archie spoke up once more, "Hey, I've been thinking your situations and I talked to my dad, he said he's willing to your dad and Victoria's mom a second chance, but only if FP and Eliza want it. He's going to call them. But I think the two of you should talk to them, too, maybe even together. Between the three of us, I think we can really make this thing happen."

________

"The plan is...we go to see my dad, then we head to yours." Jughead explained to Victoria as they both stood in front of FP's trailer, "And even if we get only your mom to stay yes, which will probably happen, my dad will also say yes soon after if Eliza says yes, if that even makes sense."

Victoria laughed, shaking her head, "It didn't really, but I catch your drift, Jug."

    Jughead and Victoria turned the knob to the trailer door and opened it to find the trailer that Jughead used to formerly live in was now trashed. There were numerous beer bottles everywhere, Jughead's father clearly stopped cleaning up after himself.

The two teenager walked into the trailer and closed the door behind them. They continued to glance around until they heard someone cough out. Jughead turned his head to see it was his father walking down the small hallway, into the kitchen with a glass of alcohol in his right hand. Victoria could see he looked worse than the last time she saw him, which was the night of the back to school formal.

"The prodigal son returns, with his best friend by his side," FP spoke up when he noticed Victoria and Jughead standing before them. FP sighed as he placed his glass down, "How you doing, Jug? You look good."

"Hanging in there," Jughead answered quietly.

"Yeah?" FP replied before he went to put away a bottle of liquor that was near him.

"We came by to ask if you would consider going back to work with Fred Andrews," Victoria informed him and FP gave her a puzzled look.

"Yeah, he called Eliza and me, we said no. He fired both of us, Victoria. What kind of people would we be if we went back, hat in hand?" FP asked her and Jughead sighed.

"For starters," Jughead replied in a calm tone, "Two people with a job, trying to fix their families."

"Talk to your mom, Jughead," FP commented as he angrily slammed one of the cupboards closed, "She's the one who gave up on us. She took your sister."

"Can you please, just go see Mr. Andrews and get Eliza to go, too? He's willing to give you guys a chance." Jughead begged him in a pleading tone.

   FP laughed at this, "Oh, he's willing, huh? That's generous of him. After all the crap he pulled on us."FP remarked as he walked over to the kitchen table and took a seat.

    Victoria and Jughead followed him over as Jughead began to speak once again, "Dad, don't you want to see our family back together? Mom and Jellybean could come home. I could come home." Jughead pleaded with his father, who didn't answer.

    Victoria sighed as she placed a hand on Jughead's shoulder, "It's no use, Jughead. Don't even bother pleading with him, he's not going to take the job. " She whispered to her best friend, but FP clearly heard it, which Victoria noticed.

Once exiting the trailer, Jughead gave Victoria a confused look, "Did you say that thing at the end purposely?" He asked her and Victoria smiled, nodding her head.

"Of course it was." She answered, "Let's go, time to go to my mom's and do the same."