32

"I was hoping maybe you have some vacancies down at Sunnyside," Hal spoke up to FP and Eliza, "See, I've been sleeping at my office down at the paper and uh, it's just been getting a little chilly at night."

"Bet your office beats the trailer park, Hal," Eliza told him, but Hal was quick to disagree.

Hal laughed, "Oh no, you see, Alice here, she's been redecorating the Register. I mean, the other day she threw a brick through the window." He explained to them and both FP and Eliza chuckled.

"Is that so?" FP replied, looking over at Alice. 

"Keep talking, Hal, and the next brick I throw won't be at a window." She threatened her husband.

"You remember our homecoming, Alice, Hal? Back in the day?" FP asked the group curiously, "Castles in the clouds. Your mom ever tell you about that night, Betty?"

"Just that she and my dad were king and queen," Betty replied, smiling at her mother.

"Yeah, they were, of hell," Eliza spoke up suddenly, causing all eyes to be on her.

"Mom," Victoria warned her mother in a low tone.

"It's a fun story, Victoria, we promise." FP told Victoria as he looked over at Eliza, "Fred, Eliza, and I, we were all set to play at the dance. Liza and I were backstage, dropping our gear when we heard voices, yelling. It was your mom and dad, they fighting about..." FP trailed off, noticing how Eliza shook her head, telling him to not say anything, "About I don't know what, but it sounded like life or death."

"Shut up, FP," Alice told him sternly.

"We're happy to oblige if you are," FP retorted, "I don't care what you think of me, Alice, but don't jerk neither me nor Eliza, not in front our kids."

___________

The car ride was pretty uneventful, Jughead and Victoria in the backseat of Eliza's car while FP and Eliza sat in the front, of course. Once arriving at the car, Jughead was first to exit the vehicle.

He held out his hand for Victoria to take, helping her get out of the car.

FP rolled down the passenger's side window, "Now, you be a gentleman, okay?"  FP reminded Jughead, causing Victoria to laugh.

"When has he ever not been, FP?" She asked him with a smile.

Jughead flipped open the umbrella as Victoria's eyes went over to Alice and Betty, who had their eyes locked on her when they entered the school, "Tori, would you mind giving us a moment?" Jughead asked her and Victoria nodded her head.

"Sure thing, take your time," She replied, taking the umbrella that Jughead had handed her before heading up the school steps to stand in the front.

____________

Once Jughead was done talking with his father, both Jughead walked into the gym, hand in hand, "Tori, tonight after the dance, I need to talk to you about something." Jughead informed her and Victoria gave him a concerned look.

"What is it?" She questioned.

"It has to do with my dad," he answered vaguely and Victoria seemed to look even more concerned.