Chapter Thirty-One

Since you're all amazing (and I had basically no homework), here's a gift for you guys! Another chapter, let's hear it for two days in a row! Quick question; is the random chapter posting bothering anyone? Because I can post every other day or something if that's what you guys want. But, other than that, enjoy!

[Amanda]

  "Prime!" Agent Fowler stormed into the base, causing us all to turn to him. I was sitting on Optimus' shoulder, looking over at what he was working on while I told him about my latest project at BeckIT, before Fowler came in.

  "Special Agent Fowler," Optimus said, walking to the platform to meet him. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

  "You can thank the Cons for this one," Fowler said. "I've already had two incidents where Cons have been causing trouble on the roads, resulting in five different collisions!"

  "On the roads?" I asked. "Why are they taking drives?"

  "They may be scouting for energon," Optimus suggested.

  Fowler nodded. "Makes sense. But I need you to keep a closer eye on these things. One of those collisions might result in someone getting hurt."

  "Understood."

  "One more thing," Agent Fowler said. "It's MECH."

  I snapped to attention at that. MECH had gone silent ever since they tried to snatch the DNGS and it was becoming hard to find any new information on them since I had already seen what I could find. Though it wasn't good and it made me feel slightly guilty, I was glad to hear that they popped up again.

  "They've taken credit for a robbery at a military lab," Agent Fowler said. "We're still looking in to what they took, but we can tell you several very dangerous pieces of equipment were stolen, so keep an eye open when you Bots head out there. We don't know who these guys are, but we know they're dangerous."

  Agent Fowler turned to leave and I hurried to tap Optimus, telling him that I needed to get down. He allowed me to and I ran after Fowler, catching his arm before he entered the elevator.

  "Fowler, wait." I said and he turned.

  "What is it, Amanda?"

  I lowered my voice, allowing everyone to go back to doing what they were doing before. "How'd MECH break into that military lab?"

  He paused for a second. "Amanda, you know I can't tell you things like that."

  "Please?" I gave him a pleading face, then decided to spin a story. "I just want to help, maybe I can make something at BeckIT to prevent this sort of thing."

  "Kiddo..." He sighed, clearly torn between telling me and sticking to orders. "I'm sorry, but I can't."

  Dammit.

  "Right," I stepped back. "I understand."

  "Why don't we go out for lunch sometime?" Fowler suggested, skipping over the subject. "To chat, like old times?"

  I smiled, though it was slightly faked to cover my disappointment. "Sure thing. Just give me a call whenever you're free."

  "Will do." With that, he stepped into the elevator and went up, not before tipping his imaginary hat, which made me smile for real. Then he was gone, along with any information I was trying to get about MECH.

  "Interested in MECH, huh?" I spun around to see Finn standing behind me, hands in his pockets, looking casual though mischief danced in his eyes.