Chapter Thirty-Six

As you all requested, here's the next chapter!

Episode 24 - One Shall Stand (1)

[Amanda]

  As Bulkhead, Arcee, and Ratchet raced through the ground bridge, Miko grabbed my shoulders and Finn helped her guide me towards the couch while I tried to shake them off.

  "Stop trying to be the tough one, A!" Miko burst and her sudden seriousness made me stop.

  "Amanda, what is going on?" Ms. Darby asked. I looked up to see her peering at me worriedly from Raf's cot, where she was still doting on him.

  "I don't know," I admitted and then winced as my headache intensified. "Don't worry about me. We have to see if Optimus is alright and-"

  As if on cue, four figures appeared at the ground bridge, which Bumblebee closed after they entered. Bulkhead and Ratchet were supporting Optimus, who looked beaten up, drained, and was walking as if every step hurt. Seeing him like that made me stand and push past the others to get to the railing by Ratchet's lab.

  "Easy, Optimus," The medic said as he guided the Prime to the Autobot sized cot at his lab. "From the looks of things, you've been exposed to a massive amount of dark energon."

  Optimus looked up, his eyes going to the cot Raf. "I am not the only one."

  As he sat on the cot, he gave the younger boy a small smile, which Raf returned. "Hey."

  "He's lucky to be alive." Ms. Darby snapped, making Optimus' face grim again. His eyes travelled then to me, and I gave him a worried look.

  "Megatron found more of the dark stuff?" Jack asked from beside me.

  "A whole volcano full." Arcee answered.

  "The question is, 'how'?" Bulkhead asked.

  Ratchet shook his head. "No, the question is 'what'? As in 'what in the world is the blood of Unicron doing on Earth'?"

  "The Cons killed a unicorn?!" Miko demanded, getting blank stares from the Autobots. "You know, white horse with a horn on its head? Prances around all sparkly?"

  "Unicron," Ratchet repeated. "An ancient evil whose fossilized blood comprises the matter which we call dark energon, as legend would have it."

  His words made my headache spark again full force and I fought back the urge to wince, trying not to bring the attention back to myself."

  "So you're saying this Unicron is some kind of boogeyman?" Ms. Darby asked.

  Ratchet looked confused. "Boogeyman?"

  "Make-believe creepy guy who hides in your closet." Miko supplied, but the Autobots still looked confused.

  The medic decided to ignore that explanation though. "No, Nurse Darby, Unicron is very real. Was. That is.. Well I do believe he once existed I just don't subscribe to the theory that his primordial life force is the substance which harmed Raf."

  "Unicron is real, and he comin-"

  Volcano, spewing lava-

  Purple raining from the skies- 

  Woman in all silver-

  A man with purple eyes-

  "One shall stand-"

  "And one shall-"

  STOP

  I took a deep breath, trying my hardest not to look so obvious. Luckily, the situation in front of me helped beat back the headache.