Before

I tried to fit this 'before' chapter in some of the previous chapters but couldn't find any room and it also had to be before the next chapter, so here it is!

[Before]

  Today was the day. The seasonal portal Cleona had told Optimus about had appeared and the Autobots had a slim window of opportunity to get to it. None of them truly wanted to leave their homeworld, but the goddess had been right; there is no future on Cybertron, at least not now. If things were looking grim before, now they were desperate. Megatron had gotten word that the Autobots were trying to leave the planet and that did not sit well with the warlord. The Decepticons were becoming bolder, inflicting many Autobot casualties as efforts to build a ship increased. The Ark was a massive ship, one that was finally ready to transport the Autobots off of Cybertron.

  Optimus Prime stood in the main Autobot compound for the last time, monitoring what was going on around him as his forces began retreating back to the compound in order to get on the Ark. But, what he was seeing and hearing was making him very concerned that they wouldn't get the chance to even board the ship.

  "We can't keep them back!" Jazz exclaimed over the radio, his troops fighting back the massive Decepticon battalion that was trying to get to the Ark to destroy it. "Valilorna is there, and she's ripping our forces apart!"

  "We must hold the Decepticons back until the reactor is functional," Optimus Prime insisted. "Perceptor, has the reactor been activated yet?"

  Perceptor turned to the Prime, looking away from his data pad. "It has but we need more time for it to collect enough power to launch the Ark."

  "We can't survive for much longer," Warpath argued, his troops fighting alongside Jazz's. "Can't you speed this up?"

  "And risk an overload?!" Perceptor sputtered. "That would cause the reactor to blow and then we'd have no means of leaving Cybertron."

  Optimus put a hand on his comm, addressing all of the Autobots. "All Autobots who are not involved in the ignition of the Ark's reactor are to report to the south field."

  "They won't be enough." Jazz argued. "There are too many Cons!"

  "And we can't touch Valilorna." Warpath commented.

  "I'm on my way," Optimus said, heading towards the door when a silver light strode into the room.

  "No." Cleona said, walking towards the Prime. The other Autobots bowed as she walked by, only straightening when she nodded at them. "Optimus, you will stay here and ensure your ship leaves Cybertron. I will address Valilorna and the Decepticons."

  The Prime shook his head. "Lady Cleona-"

  "This is not up for discussion," She cut him off. "I want you to call back your troops once I rid the battlefield of the current Decepticon troops."

  "They will send reinforcements."

  "And I will hold them off," She placed a hand on his arm. "The Autobot cause and existence relies on the Ark's success. We cannot afford to lose so many just before the launch, as you will need them all in the future. I will make my stand so that you may save as many Autobots as possible."

  Optimus could do nothing but bow his head, even though his spark ached at the thought of losing her. "Understood, my lady."

  The goddess began to walk away, before turning for a moment to look at the Prime, her silver eyes gleaming with sadness. "Goodbye, Optimus Prime."