Chapter Thirty-Eight

Guys... This is the second last episode of this season. We made it so far! I just want to let you all know that I may not be posting another chapter until Monday unless I finish it today, because I don't really get any time on the weekends to write and still have homework to do. Hopefully I can get another one up soon, but if not, still enjoy this one!

Episode 25 - One Shall Rise (2)

[Amanda]

  "Unicron is power incarnate," Unicron's voice filled the base, coming over Optimus' comm. "And you, the last of the Primes, shall perish."

  Ratchet stepped back. "We're on our way, Optimus!"

  "Negative." The Prime said immediately. "Unicron cannot be defeated by sheer force. He wants me, Ratchet. This fight must be mine alone."

  The urge to punch something swelled up within me. "He can't just do that! Ratchet, you have to send the others in! Unicron will pummel him!"

  The medic looked torn, debating between disobeying orders and potentially saving his leader.

  "Ratchet, Optimus wants what's best for the team," I said, controlling my urgency. "But he never thinks about what's best for him. He doesn't want the others to draw on Unicron's wrath, but that only means he takes the entire beating."

  He looked at me in surprised, then made up his mind and activated the ground bridge. Arcee, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead raced through right away, leaving skid marks and dust behind them.

  "You will make a fine leader some day."

  I squeezed my eyes shut to beat back the headache, which was only getting worse as time went by. I kept on hearing voices, either of Unicron or the voice of the lady I heard first way back when Optimus was infected by the cybonic plague. She was louder than Unicron in my mind, but still, every time she talked, it hurt my head.

  "Did Ratchet not relay my command?" Optimus demanded over the comms, talking to the other Autobots, which brought my focus back. "Return to base." He sounded angry.

  "Reinforcements will not prevent you destruction, disciple of Primus," Unicron spat.

  "Optimus," Arcee said. "You're Unicron's target. Maybe you should consider returning to base."

  "These manifestations of Unicron can locate me anywhere on Earth," The Prime said, though I knew he had heard me. "Even our base's shielding would only cloak my position for so long. I will not put others at risk."

  "Then fall back and let us take the lead," Bulkhead said. "Just this once.

  "Please, listen to reason!" Ratchet added. "If you don't survive, Optimus, I fear neither will this planet."

  I leaned forward. "Please, Optimus, just listen to them. We need you."

  There was a long pause before he spoke again. "Very well."

  "Let's move!" Arcee commanded and I figured they were probably in the heat of the battle, being the reason why they had gone quiet. At least it was then my headache decided to flare up again.

  The rising darkness the prophecy foretold-

  "One shall stand-"

  "And one shall fall."

  "Rest, your time will come again."

  The goddess has risen-

  "I have awakened."