OSS 11: One Summer Night

She laid out her sarong on the white sand at the seashore. She sat comfortably while watching the mesmerizing scenery of the sun retiring for the day. The sky was painted with a mixture of different colours that only God can do perfectly.

In a little while, the sky will be covered by darkness. Yet, we are certain that it will rise again the next day to give us light. Unlike human life, we'll never know if we're still alive tomorrow.

She heaved a deep sigh, smiled faintly and told herself.

That's why, I should live every day of my life as if, it is my last. I will make it worth living, so I won't end up with regrets.

She turned her glances to her sides. The ocean of people a while ago had been cut off by more than three quarters. It's summer, a lot of people are enjoying the beaches.

She swiped the screen of her phone and read her to-do-list this summer.

The Philippines is her first destination in her Asian tour. Three days ago, she was at Palawan. She enjoyed not just the alluring beauty of the island but its richness in plates of seafood.

Yesterday, she arrived here in Boracay. She had fun doing the listed activities. Today, she went for helmet-diving in the morning and jetskiing after lunch. She's up for a 'Nightlife in Boracay' later. Tomorrow, she will fly to Cebu and stay there for another three days.

Have a one night stand to a handsome Filipino guy, who'll pass my standard.

The side of her lips lifted for a mischievous smile upon reading what she wrote before.

"Why is a beautiful lady like you sitting here all by herself?"

She was pulled back by that baritone voice. She was not sure if he's talking to her so, lifted her gaze, a sweet and wide smile met her naked eyes.

"Is there a law here that forbids a lady to be alone?" Her right eyebrow arched that made her question more sarcastically delivered.

Instead of being offended, he chuckled. "Oh. None at all. It's just that I've been watching you since I saw you in helmet-diving, and it seems that you don't have any company. Mind if I do?" he asked, pertaining to sit beside the lady.

"I don't own this resort. So, I guess, you're free to sit down there," she replied philosophically.

So, this handsome guy stalked me since this morning? She giddily asked herself.

He chuckled once more and shook his head in disbelief. This bewitching lady was quite sarcastic, yet she amused him. He's determined to know the girl who caught his intractable attention. Her accent was shouting that she's not a pure Filipino, just like him.

"I'm Matt."

"Cazzie."

He extended his hand for a handshake, they both startled and laughed for the static electron that passed through their hands.

That one summer night, they talked as if they knew each other for ages, played tag, thrown sands as if it's a snowball and swam in the cold blissful ocean. They had dinner, went to the bar, had few drinks, danced and kissed. They left the bar and went to Matt's suit to continue their lustful desire for each other.

Cazzie couldn't control herself to give in to Matt's seduction. She replied with full of passion in his every kiss. Their tongues danced in the rhythm of their heartbeat, whilst exploring each other's body. Their body became one in the most lovable way. Matt couldn't believe that Cazzie gave him her precious possession.

Matt woke-up quite late the next day without the woman who shared his bed a night before. It was like a dream, but the evidence of a broken hymen was on his bed sheet.

He wanted to find her not because he took her virginity, but a strange feeling that he wanted to know her more and stay with her. Luckily, she left her phone in his suit. He couldn't open it, as it was fingerprints and password protected. His only hope is if she will contact her own cellphone.

A day passed and he didn't receive a call from Cazzie. He was wondering if she was aware that she lost her phone. He was startled when it finally rings and he pressed the green button immediately.

"Cazzie, I'm in the Philippines. Where--"

The call ended as the battery died. Matt needed to buy a charger for her phone as he got a different brand of cellphone. He waited for the lady who called earlier to call again. She did.

She is Cazzie's mother, Liza and she thought that Matt is her daughter's boyfriend. They met and he explained how her phone ended up with him. Well, he omitted the part that she shared his bed.

Liza found out that her daughter went to travel alone when she returned home from a week out-of-town seminar. Though she checked on her every single day, Cazzie didn't mention that she was outside the country already. But she left a letter and her vacation itinerary.

Matt accompanied Liza to look for Cazzie at Cebu. She didn't check-in yet in her reserved accommodation, but her flight confirmed that she was one of the passengers. They reported to the police that she was missing and found her at the hospital after a few days.

The taxi driver sent her directly to the hospital when she fainted inside his taxi. Matt found out that had a malignant brain tumour, yet refused to undergo treatment.

Some people came unexpectedly into our life. They will become a big part of it, touched our heart and when they left, it will never be whole again.

Matt couldn't forget that one summer night because that was when he met his wife, the love of his life. Though, she went to a much better place after three years of marriage. She left him a beautiful son, Clyden.

Total word count above: 997

One Summer Night
Copyrighted © 2018
Eiramana325
All Rights Reserved.

One-shot entry to: The Next Big Storyteller
FilStoryTellers | Tatak Novelista