OSS 17: Divorced

"Marriage is not always a happy ending of their love story."

🍁💨

"Your daughter and I are going to divorce, m-mom," Jael stuttered on the last word.

Tatlong taon na siyang mother-in-law ni Jael pero hindi pa rin siya nito matawag na mom o mama nang hindi pumipiyok o nauutal.

Napaawang ang kulay rosas na mga labi ng ginang. Mababanaag sa maamong nitong mukha ang labis na pagtataka. "But why? What's the problem? Maybe you should talk about it. You seems to be so much inlove with each other. What happen?" sunod-sunod nitong tanong.

"She asked me to talk with you first. The truth is we're both inlove with someone else. You know how we met..." his said in a low tone. His blue eyes fixed intently with her chocolate brown eyes.

Rainessa reminisced everything about four years ago. He met that young man when she was in her business conference in Las Vegas. He's half her age. Despite their age differences, they talked sensibly with each other and became friends. Their friendship continued though they parted ways. She's based in Seattle while he's based in Philippines. Facebook became their easier and cheaper way for communications.

When Rainessa's family had a vacation in the Philippines a year after. She introduced her daughter to him as they're almost the same age. She matched them up as she liked him to be her son-in-law as he's a responsible young man. She was so happy when they became lovers and finally got married in Mexico after a few months. The couple settled in Florida as Jael's managed their business there and her daughter, Vanessa continued her Medical residency there.

Naging madalang ang pagkikita nila. Nagtatawagan na lang at minsa'y nagcha-chat. Tuwing Kapaskuhan na lang sila nagkikita kung hindi magbabakayon sa ibang bansa at huli'y mas isang taon na ang nakalipas nang sumakabilang-buhay ang ama ni Vanessa. Naging abala naman si Rainessa sa kanyang maliit na negosyo. Madalas din mag-travel.

Ngayong Kapaskuhan lang ulit nagkita dahil pare-pareho silang umuwi ng Pilipinas. Magkakasama silang nag-Noche Buena sa bahay ng kanyang balae. At ngayong, Media Noche'y nasa bahay naman niya ang mag-asawa. Mukhang masaya pa ang dalawa nang nagsindi ng mga lusis kanina. Hindi niya inaasahan ang huling pasabog na dala ng mga ito sa pagbungad ng bagong taon.

"Are you still listening?" Napabalik siya sa kasalukuyang nang maramdaman ang mainit na palad ng lalaki sa kanyang pisngi.

"What?"

"I've said, we're gonna file our divorce when we get back to US. She's gonna move to New York to--"

"Wait. Wait," pagputol niya sa sinasabi ng manugang, "who is she inlove to? And you, too?" pag-usisa niya.

Ganoon na ba siyang kalayo sa nag-iisang anak at ni hindi na niya alam ang nangyayari sa buhay nito na akala niya'y masaya ang dalawa sa isa't isa.

"It's not my story to tell. She's gonna talk with you tomorrow. We decided to parted our ways to be more happier in life. I'm not the man who can make her happy. I'm sorry." Nilagok nito ang whiskey at humugot nang malalim na buntonhininga.

"Nothing to say sorry. I was just shocked. If you're not happy with each other. Who am I to interfere with your plans. I always want what's makes her happy and to you too as my son-in-law. We're friends before and we're always be friend." Pinisil niya ang kamay ng manugang bilang pakikipagsimpatiya. Halos pumiyok na ang kanyang mga boses sa nagbabarang lalamunan.

"How about you? Are you happy? You're burying yourself in work." Ito naman ang pumisil sa kamay niya na tila ayaw bitiwan habang nakatitig ang malungkot nitong mga mata na tulad ng kanyang nararamdaman.

Pilit siyang ngumiti rito, pilit pinipigilan ang nagbabadyang pagtulo ng kanyang mga luha. "I'm fine. I'm just sad for the both of you." Tuluyang nang lumandas sa makinis niyang pisngi ang mga luha.

"I know. You're so transparent. You're worried about her. She'll be more happier, you'll see." Pinunasan nito ang mga luha sa kanyang mata. "She also wanted me to be happy with the woman I truly love." Muling naghinang ang kanilang mga mata.

She got a goosebumps with what she could read in his eyes. Before he could utter another word, she shook her head and said, "No. This couldn't be."

She ran to her bedroom and let the tears fell like falls on her cheeks.

Their new year started with heavy heart, if it ever be happy, she could never tell.

30.12.19

760 words

🍁💨

DIVORCED
Eiramana325
Copyrighted 2019
All Rights Reserved