"Even my own brain can insult me"

*Richie's POV*

I woke up the next morning and ate some breakfast. My mom and dad, still asleep, hadn't gone to the store in a while. All I had was an orange. Since it was Wednesday, I decided to invite the boys to a dip in the quarry.

Everyone was down, so we planned to meet at 12:00. Bill wanted to invite some girl, but I said no. He probably will anyways; no one ever listens to me.

That made me think about Kassandra, a worthy fling. She was pretty, and I always told her that. She always rolled her eyes or ignored me. Her hair was almost pure gold, which was how she earned my amazing nickname, Goldie.

It was almost 11:30, so I decided to start heading over to the quarry on my bike. I guess I was the first one to arrive, so I undressed and waited for everyone else. Stan showed up, then Bill, with his little girlfriend riding on with him, and then Eddie, who surprisingly had Goldie riding on with him.

"G-guys, this is B-Beverly." Bill introduced her to everyone.

"Where's her hair?" I asked, fixing my glasses.

"Beep beep, Richie." Eddie said, shoving his elbow into my arm. I pushed him back, but he ignored me.

"Hi Beverly, I'm Kassandra, but you can call me Kass." Goldie told her, holding out a hand, which the new girl shook.

Once we were all undressed, even the ladies, (I may or may not have whistled a certain whistle at Kassandra), we voted on who should jump first. Beverly jumped before we finished, which was kinda annoying, but Bill jumped after her. Then it was Stan, and the ones that remained were me, Eddie, and of course Goldie.

"Are you sure this is safe?" She asked uneasy.

I pursed my lips, "Hmm, well do you see them dead?" I asked back mockingly.

She slowly walked backwards, but I grabbed her arm just in time. 

"Oh no, you are not leaving me with this baby." I said pointing out Eddie, he rolled his eyes and jumped in without us.

"Look! Even Eddie can jump!" I said trying to get her to not chicken out.

She shook her head, but I pulled her more towards the edge.

"What the fuck, Richie? Can't you just take no for an answer?" She said as we inched closed to the edge.

"Well actually I can't..." I said smiling a wide obnoxious smile. Before she had time to roll her eyes once more, I pulled her off the cliff, jumping alongside her. She clutched my hand in fear.

"AHHHH! I fucking HATE you Rich-" she screamed before she hit the water.

Once I bobbed up for air I started dying of uncontrollable laughter. Once she bobbed up for air, well, let's say she was the exact opposite mood.

"What...the...hell?!" She yelled, still trying to catch her breath.

Everyone else was swimming and playing and minding their own business, while I playfully argued with Goldie.

I realized she was still holding my hand from when we jumped. I looked down through the brown water and saw our fingers intertwined. She was still lecturing me until she noticed I wasn't listening. She looked down too, and quickly pulled her hand away, forgetting about the argument. She then swam towards the group. I guess she was embarrassed, but I was fricken proud.

"This water is so gross." Eddie complained.

"Not as gross as-" I started.

"Shut it, Richie." Stan interrupted.