"Your worst nightmar-"

*Kassandra's POV*

Late August came around and unfortunately school started. I was happy to be in a crowd of my own, Bill, Stan, Bev, Eddie, and especially Richie. I got ready, fed Harley, kissed my parents goodbye, and opened the door to find Richie, waiting for me.

"Hey Goldie, I'll walk you to school?" He offered.

"Of course!" I closed the door and hooked arms with him. We walked a few blocks until I thought of a question.

"Why not bikes today?" I asked.

"Well, it's the first day of school... and I wanted everyone to know that you're mine, so no one else gets any ideas." He explained.

I laughed and held him a little tighter.

"Hey Kass!" Beverly said once we got to school.

"Hey girl!" We hugged and all headed in.

I went to my new locker that happened to be next to a somewhat familiar. She had a ponytail and a pink bubblegum bubble blowing from her mouth.

"What are you looking at, Newbie?" She spoke.

I knew that this could be my chance to put the bad people in their place.

"Oh nothing, I was just distracted by your outfit, where did you get it from, the 60's?" I asked with a smug look on my face.

She squinted her eyes at me, while peers around us chuckled and murmured. I closed my locked and walked to my first class. Eddie had walked out of the boy's room, and joined me through the halls.

"What was that all about?" He asked.

"I just wanted her, the probable Queen Bee of the school, to know her place." I answered with no emotion.

"Okay..." he said slowly.

I sat down in the class and started working, as if nothing even happened.

*Lunch*

I sat at picnic table with the rest of the crew, including a new face.

"H-hey Kass, have you m-met Ben?" Bill asked.

"No actually, I haven't." I responded.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ben." 

"He joined the Loser's over the summer, at Bev's bidding." Richie commented.

"Hi Ben, I'm Kassandra, or Kass-"

"And she's off-limits dude." Richie warned, and then turned to me with a wink.

I blushed and sat next to him. We talked until lunch was over, then went back to class. Richie held my hand in his while we did.

*After School*

We all gathered outside of school and made our way to the park.

"So Kass, how was your first day here?" Stanley asked.

"Pretty good actually." I said,  looking over to Richie and smiling.

Eddie, Stan, Bill, and Beverly went home, leaving Richie, Ben and I at a wooden bench.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Richie said.

"There are no bathrooms..." Ben informed.

"Well, there's over a hundred trees, I'm sure they'll be okay." He joked.

Ben cringed, while I laughed, and Richie headed off into the woods.

"So, are you and Richie a thing?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, I think so." I replied.

"Oh, why? He's so... different." Ben said with a confused look on his face.

I turned to him, "Well, I like different. Plus, he's not as much of a bitch once you get to know him." I smiled.

That's when we heard a blood-curdling scream come from deep in the woods, the same direction Richie went. Ben and I looked at each other with horrified faces, and ran into the woods.

*Richie's POV*

I was finishing up my business when a guy jumped out of the bushes and locked his arm onto my neck. I had just enough time to zip up my zipper before it happened. I screamed for help, but I was choked even more.

"What the fu-  ck dude?!" I spat out.

"Tell your little girlfriend to think before she talks, or she's next." He whispered to me with a scary voice.

"Wh-who are you?" He was wearing a clown mask over his face.

"Your worst nightma-" But before he could finish, he collapsed onto the ground, releasing me. I coughed while on my knees and looked up behind the guy.

Kassandra was there, holding a big ass branch, which she dropped to the ground. 

"Oh my gosh, Rich, are you okay?!" She asked as she kneeled with me and hugged me.

I tried to speak, but was interrupted by Ben, running from behind some trees and stopping for air.

"What- the hell- happened?!" He interrupted.

"A guy," I finally spoke out, "He followed me and attacked me." 

Ben, crept over to the guy and took off his mask. It was a boy our age, maybe a little bit older. He was unconscious.

"Why did he do this?" She asked.

"He said... he said for you to think before you speak, or else..."

"Or else what?" Kass asked, mortified.

"Or else you were next." I answered.

She started to cry out of fear, I held her tight. 

"We should go home." Ben suggested.

"What about the guy?" I asked.

"I wanna go home." She whispered to me with tear in her eyes.

"Forget it, there's nothing we can do." I helped her up and we made our way back to the open.

I walked her home, no one was home so we did the usual... climbed through the window and read comic books while laying on her bed. During the summer, we would do this for hours, but today I felt the tension around me.

"Hey Goldie, you alright?" I said quiet enough for her to here me.

"No, I'm scared." She said, putting down the book she had.

"Hey, no one's gonna hurt you, you're too badass for them." I tried to comfort her.

She smiled, but looked down. I could see the frown in her eyes. I hated seeing her sad. I hugged her and she dug her head into my chest. I put a hand on her head and she was soundless, our love was soundless, all we needed was each other.

She was safe and sound, she even fell asleep in my arms. I covered her with a blanket and opened the window. I stared at her for a few seconds, before I climbed out.

I loved her, and from what I knew, she loved me. Nothing, and nobody could change that.