Chapter 1

Cas sat back as he talked to Dean on the phone. "So how are things over there?"

"Well it's Afghanistan and there's war, but other than that perfect." Dean says.

Cas laughs. "When will you be coming home? I really do miss you."

"I know, I miss you too." Dean says. "So, how's your life?"

"Still teaching annoying high-school students." Cas says.

Dean chuckles. "How's Sam?"

"Good, Jess is now 7 months pregnant with their second so she's a little moody. He's spent the night here twice now." Cas says.

"What did he do?" Dean asks.

"Asked 'should you really be eating that much', and the second time he agreed when she called herself a big blimp." Cas says.

Dean laughs. "Good to hear you're all doing well. Now the most important, how's Baby holding up?"

Cas chuckles. "She's doing great, I drive her on the weekends."

"Good. Hey angel, I'm sorry but I've got to go." Dean says. "I love you."

"I love you too, please come home soon." Cas says, before hanging up with a frown and heading to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little did he know where Dean really was, he was boarding another airplane. He smiles when he hangs up. He had gotten sent discharged and he had decided to surprise Cas. He sits down next to an older lady who smiles at him.

"Oh, you look just like my husband did when he came back from the war." The woman says. "Do you have a family waiting for you?"

"Yes ma'am, my partner Castiel Novak, my brother Sam and his wife and son, and my Uncle Bobby." Dean says.

"Please, call me Mary." Mary says. "Now what's your name boy?"

"Sergeant Dean Winchester." Dean says, straightening up.

Mary chuckles. "Relax. Does your family know you're coming home Dean?"

"No, I'm going to surprise them all." Dean says with a smile. "Cas is a teacher, so I'm going to show up and surprise him during class tomorrow. I'm even going to propose." He pulls the box out of his pocket and shows her the ring.

"Oh! That is so romantic and thoughtful!" Mary says. "How are you going to surprise the rest of your family?"

"My brother, Sam, is a lawyer. I'm going to show up at his office to surprise him." Dean says. "He and Cas meet up every now and then, so I'm going to have the receptionist tell him that only Cas has come." He smiles as he continues. "And I'm just going to go to Bobby's auto shop/junk yard and say I'm looking for a job and that I want to know if he's hiring."

"That's so sweet and thoughtful." Mary says. "All you have to do is survive the next 5 hours. How many flights have you taken in total?"

"This is my 5th. It was the fastest way to get home, otherwise I would have to wait a week for a flight straight to Kansas from Afghanistan." Dean says.

"Well you get some sleep, I'll wake you when we're about to land." Mary says.

Dean closes his eyes and drifts asleep, dreaming of seeing Cas again.